Hunting 2014

They're not an introduced species if they arrived on their own. (White Anglo-Saxons)
Unless God introduced them:)
:thumbup:

Most that truly are "introduced species" are not bad, from veggies to animals, but there are are some sour apples that don't belong. We are dealing with one here in Florida in the lion fish, a beautifully nasty, poison spined invader that eats unknown quantities of juvenile grouper and snapper and has no predators except spear fishermen. Hopefully, the gloom and doom predictions will not come to pass and will fade away like those of the walking catfish here back in the '60s.
lionfish.jpg

Feral horses, an introduced species that competes with native animals.

We have a big time problem with this in Central Washington between Yakima and Walla-walla. Problem is too many hippy horse lovers keep getting in the way of any type of "control" of the animal population. The wild horses destroy crops, watering holes, native grasslands, and compete for territory and natural grazing areas with native animals like elk and mule deer. They might be "beautiful" to the horse fairies and unicorn lovers... but they are a scourge to the land. Wild horses are almost impossible to capture and domesticate and have any kind of cost effective program managed by the state or feds. It's hard to capture a wild horse and sell it off to someone and then they let their kid "ride" it and it kills the kid. It's a bunch of lawsuits waiting to happen. So erradication is about the only means neccessary... might piss off some horse lovers... but it needs to be done.

Ironic thing is, that miners and "settlers" let them run free in the mid 1800's... so it's our own damn fault. :dur:

Gary

On another note...

@ Gary...

Attachments

• 10561529_10205035898401554_5817068854094409301_n.jpg
    10561529_10205035898401554_5817068854094409301_n.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 57
Love dove hunting. Use them for shish kabobs, boneless breast meat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isnt that the truth. That's provided a pellet didn't hit the breasts on those 18 or 20.

If you only getting 20 doves your doing something really really wrong. :lol:

Doves are awesome over med. heat, butter in pan, sprinkled lightly with McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning ;) yum

Mountain Quail and sooty blue grouse opener today, going next week if I get some time off....I hope I get no work calls thru hunting season :lol::lol:

Our archery season opened Saturday and it was hot, pushing 90 in the afternoon and the mosquitoes were brutal. I saw some does and a bunch of hogs but I'm gonna' give 'em a pass 'til it cools off a little. A big buck will be another story. My bro-in-law shot a doe and a hog. He was trailing the hog, squatted down looking for blood and came eyeball to eyeball with a big rattler. Skeered him pretty bad.

I've been working with my dog a lot this summer. She's now finding birds, holding point, steady through the shot/fall, and retrieving pretty well. I still want to shoot more birds over her but she's about ready to go here.

She looks like she is coming along fine Chris :thumbup:

My new shweet thang came home today after my 10 day wait that was more like 14.....
Now about a scope.......

Attachments

• DSCF0046.jpg
    DSCF0046.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0047.jpg
    DSCF0047.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll co-sign that. Weaver has always pleased me. I love older weaver fixed power scopes for silhouette matches. They have a tracking system for adjustments that is superior to anything else Ive touched.

Back