Hunting 2014

Sounds like you had a good year Gary!!
I just moved my family up to Thompson, Manitoba last summer. We have caribou and reindeer up here, and a few hundred miles north we got muskox, buliga whale and polar bear:)

I saw a Polar Bear in a zoo once in Great Britain that was so huge, though it was over thirty years ago, my wife and I still talk about it in disbelief. An enormous animal that was hard to conceptualise. It was a private zoo and you could get up close, to the big cats as well. Humans are weaklings!

Sounds like you had a good year Gary!!
I just moved my family up to Thompson, Manitoba last summer. We have caribou and reindeer up here, and a few hundred miles north we got muskox, buliga whale and polar bear:)

How is Thompson treating you? I've always wanted to move there ... I once was going to take a flight nursing job up there but ... things didn't pan out. Well when I make it up there I'll definitely look you up. We have a small herd of Caribou here too ... fun to watch.

Treating me good , Our little city of 15,000 or so is what I call an "island" in the middle of the wilderness, completely surrounded by spruce and jack pine.
The big nickel mine and the hydro dams up here are still doing really well. More dam construction coming to help feed electric power to customers as far away as into the U.S.
Last heard Thompson is still one of the highest paid work force per capita in Canada , average age 25-30 years old.
Look me up when you get the chance if your ever up here, great fishing.

Treating me good , Our little city of 15,000 or so is what I call an "island" in the middle of the wilderness, completely surrounded by spruce and jack pine.
The big nickel mine and the hydro dams up here are still doing really well. More dam construction coming to help feed electric power to customers as far away as into the U.S.
Last heard Thompson is still one of the highest paid work force per capita in Canada , average age 25-30 years old.
Look me up when you get the chance if your ever up here, great fishing.

You doing lots of removals or more contract felling/road access work? I always found folks up north tended to deal with their own tree work but with a higher than avg. salary guess folks are calling instead of doing!!!

Nice hunt'in vid from the Scott's

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z888vycb5FE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought these were interesting trail pics from October. The water came up at one of my deer feeders but it didn't slow the hogs down. Pretty amazing how they find the corn on the bottom in muddy water. The woodies liked it too. The year is a little off!
MFDC5822.jpg MFDC5825.jpg MFDC5827.jpg MFDC6176.jpg MFDC6063.jpg

No, Brosephus...you're NOT alone....I'm the same way....have had thousands of live and on the hoof game animals, in front of me and oblivious to my presence, that were not in "my" plan....

I have hiked in pre-dawn and sat till post dusk, hundreds of times,.....and to this day, some of my most memorable hunts were ones that the only thing shot was my vid cam.....

Don't get me wrong, there IS a need to cull most herds, (lack of natural predation absent) so by all means, get out there and get r dun, but i'm taking a break from it for a few years till my kids grow up a little, until then, have at it, and i'll take over in a few years.
As for the Ferals..whats being said is fact.
They are taking over like the Nutria down south.
Ask them boys down in the bayou how they handled THAT?

Just look at the "Heli-piggin'" as the most cost efficient/effective way to git r dun.

I shot this 6-point Wednesday at 4:27. He was hopping on three legs...front right crooked under him. 225 yards. My bullet was lodged under the skin on the offside (where the tuft if hair is sticking up). Turns out that right foreleg had been injured or something. It would not straighten any more than in the pic.

Nice treesmith, its good you put him down, that leg looks like given lots of pain

No farmed deer over here that I know about Jim, except for a few that live in a park with a bunch of temples. The venison is from hunted deer, wild and abundant in my local in the mountains. Boar as well.

I believe the same thing, MB. But nevertheless, a nice, clean, ethical kill is a good thing. There's a lot worse ways (at least from a human point of view) for the deer to die in the woods. And now Scott doesn't have to buy store-bought meat which usually does have some ethical problems, afaik

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watch how a lot of slaughter houses kill livestock and it'll make a centerfire rifle bullet look very humane.

Where are these back alley slaughter houses that takes days to kill one animal? Sometimes shit happens at a slaughterhouse and animals suffer just like in the woods.

But the idea is to break an animal down as fast as possible and sell it.

Back