Forming an LLC

Tucker943

Bamboo Plantation Owner
My accountant suggested an LLC is the best structure for my business. Can I do this through legal zoom for a small company like my own or must I go through an attorney?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. I believe its cake here too. I just wanted feedback before I coughed up money to a lawyer.

The articles of formation/operating agreement are important, but moreso if there are partners. I paid him for one this year, then used that agreement to start another myself.

I switched to an S Corp earlier this year. I didn't want to take the chance of messing up the articles of incorporation and I am glad I did. No headaches down the line.

I can set it up so its taxed as a sole prop while still offering somewhat of a corporate shield. My accountant and bus consultant both agreed it was the best structure for my particular business...... I dunno?

If you park any of your equipment at you're house, chances are a Liar can find a way to attach it. Double check that.

Business is run from separate location 15 minutes away. calls come here, but tools and equipment are at my yard 2 townships over.

I'd just pay a pro to do it. It's not a do it once and leave it thing, you need to do your minutes annually or the protection isn't really there. Definitely worth doing imo

We moved into a C corp as soon as we could. The tax benefits are just too great not too. It was an easy transition as the Corp already existed as RG Conrad Inc. We paid an attorney some money to refile it as Conrad Inc after my grandfather, RG, died.

A C corp has tax benefits over a LLP or LLC in my opinion. Security benefits too.

I used Sage international. 9 years ago I spent $7- 800 and got my articles, share certificates, seal etc. Full meal deal and haven't regretted it a bit

Good advice Willie. Thank you. So between all the good advice I got, I'm more stumped then I was before! Ha!

It is sad that such as LLCs are deemed necessary. If you cause damage/bodily harm/etc, then you should be held liable and responsible for it. If not, then you should not. The fear of someone taking all you have is something America has allowed to creep in over the last several decades....a result of the age of lawsuits.....

Back