Big black oak removal

mistahbenn

Treehouser
Were removing this large oak this week... typical scenario, wires roves houses patios etc. Double roped most of the tree, sometimes communication between me and the crew falters because of language but we get through. Time is tight as the competition is so tough here, but work is work. The last cut might get you talking, but nothing was damaged. In hindsight it would have been better to climb out the top, but everything was ok.

Watch in HD, cheers :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gr9hgCj1ZCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crew were cutting it up and stacking it Brendan. Not much brush on the tree, just a lot of wood! Prob only 16 yards of chip off the whole tree.

Nice job. Couple pieces were kept on the bucket side via the red-ish
Rope:thumbup: thought intentional at first but then realised it may have been a slide line to drift them to the lz. Like the results and ill add that to my bucket of tricks.

Yees the white rope was the redirect rigging point to land the bits in the LZ. Sometimes it gets hung up but hey, makes it easier on the ground crew... I wasnt that much of an awkward tree really. Just alot of rigging!

15:56 excited the hell out of me. You are a talented, patient rigger in my opinion. A lot of guys would throw their hands in the air in frustration in those tight quarters.

It got better, I can see how the final cut could have been an issue, one snapped off branch and you'll be replacing some tiles.
I could tell the price was tight just by your urgency.
Also good to see a tricky hardwood dismantle.:thumbup:

Cheers guys, just another awkward day at the office. Funny thing is, got home about 8pm, had a shower, washing my feet, slipped in the shower hard and cracked my head open at the back, neighbour took me to the walk in and 16 staples later I came home and edited the vid. Life!

Back