Changing pulleys on a rayco 1625

Mick!

TreeHouser
Ok, so my loyal rayco has eaten another belt embarrassing me in front of a client.
This was a forestry guy and he looked at the pulleys and said they were absolutely wanked and in need of replacing. The photo is of the top one but the bottom one seems to follow the same principal.
Are they easy to get of and on? It looks to me like you take out the three bolts then put them in the other holes, tighten them down and pop it off, couldn't be easier, or could it?
Photo attached, it's a 2003 1625.
Thanks in advance,
Mick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 39
I can't tell from the pic but the pullies have that much wear? As far as pulling them that looks like the right way, you may want to have a few spare bolts of the same size and length in case there's any damage to the threads, unless you have a tap and die set on hand. Couldn't be easier I'd guess, Good Luck!

Thats what the three threaded holes are for, so you dont need a puller. Just squirt some WD40 in there first and screw them in evenly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok bottom pulley came of like a dream (see photo for evidence of wear)
The top one just keeps pulling the shaft through, it seems to me that this hole in the top is a way of removing the square piece (key?) thus loosening the piece allowing the pulley to slide off. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 37
So it seems that hole in the top of the collar conceals a grub screw, taken that out now, lunchtime.
The excitement will continue, not for the faint hearted!

Sometimes there is a set screw retaining the key on the shaft, and holding the bushing solid on the shaft. Yes, removing it will allow the tapered bushing to slide off, it may need a set of pullers to remove, or some light taps from a hammer all around. Sometimes if there is a split, a screwdriver can be tapped into it opening up the bushing a bit (not too much, might break)

Cheers all, got it done now, see photo, used the screwdriver trick Raj.
Ordered the parts thick end of 600 quid!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 37
That shaft shouldn't have moved on the top. Something will be out of alignment because of that. (Unless I didn't understand what you said and the pictures.)

The shaft pulled towards the pulley whilst extracting the pulley, it's not unusual (for my machine anyway) the " dowel pins"
stop it after an inch or so. But you're probably right.
The collar was holding so tight it made it pull the shaft.
Thinking about it now, I should have knocked out the key and used the screwdriver trick first.

Westcon equipment in wimbourne 150 odd each for the pulleys 140 for the belt plus vat plus delivery
Edit more like 500 when I do the math properly.

Back