Chip trucks

Tis a 4x4. Not sure how much I will use it tho. We haven't needed it in the past 5 years but it's nice to have the option.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I need a bigger dump bed for sure. 15 would be nice. Four wheel drive isn't needed but it sure is great. I drive in a lot of yards.

I wouldn't buy another truck without 4x4, where we are it's priceless, gets us out of a lot
Of sticky situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigger dump bed!

They are both 11 feet long. Our new one looses a bit due to the notched out box, but makes up for it by being taller and slightly wider. I bet there is less than a yard of difference between the two.

It would take us forever to fill a 15 footer, especially with a 9 inch chipper. We would only have to dump once a month. :-)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I like when people tell me the trucks too small. Its funny. Use what works for you. Big body= long wheel base=gotta stay at the curb. Ill take my small truck out back thanks very much.

IMG_1239.jpg
height is 12'9" - 16' bed left back open so i can load w/bobcat if needed . f800 diesel 1990 runs like a champ. I rarely have to leave job to dump. does have air brakes
when fully loaded w/chips weigh in at 33-35,000lbs bought 2 more f800's. A 1999 bucket & grapple trucks. 30,000miles to 300,000miles on trucks owned for 2-8 yrs no major problems inexpensive truck, easy to work on, I feel a solid investment
I bought chip truck 8yrs ago w/ 30,000 miles on it for $3500 at a town auction in nj

I'll still have the small truck for sure. It's 4x4 and gets me in a lot of tight spots. But I seem to do a lot of removals and it's time to go bigger. My chipper is pretty small to for being a twelve inch. It's currently at the mechanics. I'll be finding out soon if I am needing a new one of those too. Anyone selling chip truck and chipper?

Do you want to travel? My old boss has a low mile Chevy gasser. Prob 12-14' dumping flatbed. Clean truck. Auto Allison trans I believe. It spent most its years as a spare spray rig. He took the sprayer off. I'm guessing 30-50000 miles. Late 90s

Prob under 10k and it's 100 times cleaner than any asplundh rig I've ever seen.

That's a different setup. I think he's getting out of it. The truck is older, but he seemed to keep his stuff together. He's near middleboro, ma. Probably 6-8 hrs from you. An hr from me if you need me to look.
I'd buy the chipper myself if it wasn't a package deal.

I don't want to put you out. I'm sure your busy. But if you were in the area that would be awsome!

What town is it Bud? Actually in Middleboro or just around it? If you want I can try to get down there and give it a look. The chipper I could tell you for sure what kind of shape it was in. Never ran a bucket or a diesel that old, so I'd probably not be a ton of help with that.

Do you want to travel? My old boss has a low mile Chevy gasser. Prob 12-14' dumping flatbed. Clean truck. Auto Allison trans I believe. It spent most its years as a spare spray rig. He took the sprayer off. I'm guessing 30-50000 miles. Late 90s

Prob under 10k and it's 100 times cleaner than any asplundh rig I've ever seen.
I don't know why I didn't see this post earlier. U got a picture of the truck?

What town is it Bud? Actually in Middleboro or just around it? If you want I can try to get down there and give it a look. The chipper I could tell you for sure what kind of shape it was in. Never ran a bucket or a diesel that old, so I'd probably not be a ton of help with that.

I don't know where he is. I tried calling the number but it's out of service

I'll see if I can find his number. It's been a few yrs since we spoke. And I cannot for the life of me remember the town Adam.

Back