Spring Treework

RegC

TreeHouser
Some footage from a handful of jobs these last couple of months. Typical stuff from these parts. Weathers been great most weeks. Im expecting/hoping for a busy summer. Use the HD setting. Thanks

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UonY8DSPakI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's an early predecessor of that rigging ring, at college we were taught to use these for lowering before pulleys.
Obviously people were using pulleys but in the UK in the mid nineties these were what we were shown.
If I recall they were called topping strops. Remember that large multi strand lowering ropes were used then.
I'm sure the older hands know all this but maybe some more recent sorts might be interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 70
Amazing fidelity on the vid. Awesome vid. The zipline job was great, maybe next time have the chipper running and zip em into the chute;) Great tunes. Thanks for posting, keep em coming.

Nice shot on the one next to the greenhouse. I was wondering for a second where that was supposed to go. :)

Ha, yeah the greenhouse. If it was a regular structure of course you still can't hit it but being a damn glass house, that ups the ante a bit, psychologically I would say, not to mention, flying debris from impact wouldn't be good either.

And that big hand saw is radical!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all :thumbup:

Very good as usual, do you ever miss nice spready hardwoods?
I now know what the X rigging ring is used for.

Would be nice to have clean ropes etc, not full of pitch all the time. And we do get our share of hardwoods out here also....but 9/10 chances are we're taking out a fir. I dont care really, what I work on, so long as it pays.

Reg do you have any recommendations on the best grapple to use for purpose of transferring from one tree to another? Seeing your video reminded me I wanted to get set up for longer distance transfers as an option. Thanks in advance and thanks for the time and effort you put into making and posting videos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Merle, I've only used that one in the video and a rock exotica version. They are both great for what they are but the RE version was much bigger, so I chose the compact one. They're not cheap to buy as they're probably made in relatively low numbers per batch. But as you can see they are really easy to use and work great. I got mine from wespur. Hope that helps.

Back