YOUR Ultimate Job...

Writers seem to often have volatile temperaments. Dylan Thomas, wow! Seems like they tend to drink a lot as well, though perhaps an unfair generalization. Here is a writer that I like a lot, Charles Bukowski. :lol:

Language warning!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hx16UDZTUP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I always dreamed of being a mountain man, building a cabin in the Alaska wilderness, hunting, trapping, living off the land. Then I met my wife and pursued another dream that actually came true.

When you talk about mountain man, I think of the member of the singing group, Alabama, who earned enough money to become a mountain man. He became too wild so they kicked him out of the group.

A highly successful professional gambler. I think it would be cool to bet fifty grand or more on a poker hand. The suspense would be stupendous, and Vegas gives some nice perks to high rollers.

2 days a week pruning nice trees not having to drag brush, 2 days a week as a mechanical engineer building really weird stuff I was interested in, and 3 days a week to do whatever with the family. That'd about do it for me. I wouldn't mind being Robocop for a day or two once a year either.. :)

When you talk about mountain man, I think of the member of the singing group, Alabama, who earned enough money to become a mountain man. He became too wild so they kicked him out of the group.
I never knew that Jay and I was a big Alabama fan back in the day. I actually went to one of their June Jams, one of only a couple of concerts I've ever been to.

It really is. Most of the pro's I get around still come up short on basic knowledge. Its like they excel at some things, and go totally blank on certain basics.

It really is. Most of the pro's I get around still come up short on basic knowledge. Its like they excel at some things, and go totally blank on certain basics.

Working with skilled professionals that know a bowline, sharp saw, etc, etc.
And so it shall always be.
I would love to work with most here though...

yep, Stephen. Although I bet some of us might be grouchy while working. Or course someone being able to tie a clove hitch in 4 seconds instead of 2 minutes goes a long time to oil the wheels and keep things running smoothly.

Next real groundie will have to show up being able to tie a Running Bowline. I'm going to change my ad now.

Do it. Takes the battle of teaching out of the equation. Some people cant learn. Making it a prerequisite eliminates figuring that out.

Sometimes I think it could be cool to be a grammar school teacher, the beginning grades. The kids being so cute.

If done right, the young kids are a joy to teach. My friend is a second grade teacher and loves the kids, and the kids love her. I got the opportunity to become a substitute teacher for the local high school. The kids were awful!

Jim, I'm sorry to read that the high school kids were mean to you or whatever. You give them the opportunity to meet a cool guy and they blow it. Possibly some of them have never met a cool guy. A funny age, but still sad.

Depending on the customer what I do now can be great. My ultimate job would be creating a garden with a high emphasis on trees and different tree species. Location would be like in Disney World or private gardens for the extremely wealthy. If I could be valued as an artist by high profile customers where price doesn't matter. They want me because I am the best. Highly respected, highly paid of course, and so damn good for example that I could turn down work for Tom Cruise if I didn't like his attitude. All the right tools and right people at my finger tips:)

Back