201T Scabbard DAST GUT!

The new Stihl scabbards are all like, groovy man, streamlined and fit snugly...

I don't hurt the chain during transport, and I keep my saws, gas and oil separate from my climbing / rigging gear.

Scabbards are cool, If you like them. I''m a fanatic about gaff guards. :drink:

Ya, I think scabbards are cool also. I just don't use them. My saws are not with my climbing/rigging gear or other sensitive materials. Plus, nothing happens by not having a scabbard. Saws don't go dull. But they do have their place. Come to think of it, the saw I leave ion my truck toolbox might get a scabbard on it. I do have stuff in there that could get dug at by the chain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I get a chance tomorrow I will post a vid showing how it works.
For me it mimiks the handsaw scabbard.
When one thinks about it, it seems sensible to use it in the tree to avoid
all the snagging and tearing up of boots, pants, tree parts, ropes etc.
I ahve the big Skylotec hook on my harness for carrying the saw as well
but it and the saw need customization for ease of use.
This scabbard just makes the hanging saw so much friendlier especially in times
when you have multiple ropes to manage.
If I had to rate it for nuisance factor 1 to 5 with 1 being low nuisance I wood give it 2
I think having my lanyard and climb line snagging on the chain as a major PIA
I climb mostly multileader spreading hardwoods.

Id use a saw scabbard too if I wore shorts in a tree. Doesn't the saw ever burn you? Im sort of thinking I wouldn't dare work in a tree in shorts. Maybe if I was a rec climber it might be on my menu. I don't know, I don't think I could do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think mentally it makes me feel like being a kid again.
Keep me cool er especially during the hot humid summers in the breezeless Hammer on my hammer.
Subconsciously I think I need to bleed out a bit of iron in my blood. mb to much meat in my diet.
Men especially are prone to disease due to high iron in their blood. Read that somewhere or mb Clavin moment.
Cheers

Im sort of lost but Im thinking blood work is in order as opposed to having a gut feeling about your blood chemistry. Rock on though. Im sure I do things that would make you cringe a little too.

I ran skidder in my underwear for a few days. Put chaps on to top the trees. A/C motor went in the 648GIII and as many know, you cant just open windows and cool down. We were in a nasty humid heat wave.

Back