vermeer bc 1200????

atw

TreeHouser
looking at buying a new chipper. I currently have a bandit 150xp. Going to demo a Vermeer bc1200 on Friday. Does anybody have any input on this machine that they would like to share? Likes/dislikes?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
why would that be strange? every other piece of equip. I own is Vermeer. Not real sure on the 150. Might hang onto it, or trade it in, or sell it. Not real sure yet. I have actually had very good service from Vermeer in the past compared to Bandit.

My experience with Vermeer is overpriced. Over engineered. Exclusive parts to Vermeer only. Also the cracks on numerous low hour machines in important areas. Redundant redicous safeties. Vermeer is less than 5 miles from my old house and I only would buy throw balls from them. :lol:

try a bandit 250 xp, with winch and hyd raise / lower of feed wheel,
i ve seen to many problems with vermeers
how about an older woodsman?

My work has a BC 1000 and a BC 1500, and I hate them both. They are both older, but i can't imagine the 1200 is any better. They are temperamental, counter-intuitive machines IMO.

Yes and something is screwy with the smart feed on those, too smart I think, always reversing for no apparent reason...

Back