APTA in Primetime!

Maybe not wrong MB, Nick have the designers draw a pic of the new APTA for the front of the shirt, with a TreeHouse Rocks logo on the back.

Kill a bunch of birds with one stone. 8)

Believe it or not, I really have not tried for its max height potential yet. The weather has either been too crappy or I have been too busy trying to catch up on work do to the crappy weather. I can say it is capable of launching a 10 oz. throw bag clean out of sight and making 100' shots are no contest with 1.75 Zing-it.

David

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I put a 12oz weight well above the top of any tree in Indiana today.

We are selling them, price to be figured tomorrow or Friday.

I don't really use throwlines, but when I do I'm a terrible shot. What a simple, effective device! Surely someone has thought of this before?
A lot of the best innovations are the simplest.

Good job Nick and Dave. I wish there was some way to have an easier way to open the valve than turning that handle, maybe have a spring on the handle and a trigger to activate it.

I agree with Paul...that handle pull can be tough. Maybe it gets smoother over time?

I have one of the original iron APTA's and the valve is tough to activate.

I like the ideal of aluminum...the one I have is a bit heavy...but a very tough piece of equipment.

This one looks very good.

Lucky for Gary, Scott, and Brian, I will be shipping Aluminum APTAs to all 3 of the guys that helped support the idea along the way by trusting me and buying in to a crazy stranger. This Aluminum APTA 85 far exceeds the form and function of ANY of the steel models, especially the model 64's I sent out to people.

Thanks for all the support along the way!

Hahahha...Nick, you are the bee's knees (and no longer a stranger!! Maybe still kind of crazy.:D)

What a great gesture. I'll be glad to give it a go..the video is impressive. I may get my scuba tank fill setup working yet. I already keep a tank in the tree trailer. :/:

I agree with Paul...that handle pull can be tough. Maybe it gets smoother over time?...

Gary, I found there can be a large variance in the ease of valve operation amongst the different manufacturers. A good valve turns with little effort, giving good accuracy with such a simple and rugged design. Also, sometimes, a stiff valve can be improved by playing with the lever stem packing nut.

A schraeder valve is what you see on every tire in the world. We really arent in the pump business and I dont want to handle warranty/customer service claims on non-arborist products. I just use any old walmart pump.

Back