BMG mod.

I’m also thinking the bolts are wearing out. I notice play when I’m messing with it. I will admit that I’ve probably been a bit rough and done things it shouldn’t do. Duh, I am a tree guy. I can’t complain, it’s been a great tool. I owe it a rebuild before replacement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll say this to the non welder folks here that may want to dabble with welding. NEVER weld on a tire mounted rim even if the valve core is out of the stem. or Kaboom!

Honestly Sean switch the (normal) grease zerk to a needle zerk. The zerks that broke off of my BMG can still be greases with a needle and it's not like they take all that much grease.

Last edited:
Probably time to mod mine a bit. It got pretty bent the other day. Hopefully I can heat it and throw it on the press but there are some cracks forming too.

Attachments

• B36196B7-8536-4DE1-B03F-B3A6C14E97C9.jpeg
    B36196B7-8536-4DE1-B03F-B3A6C14E97C9.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
Probably time to mod mine a bit. It got pretty bent the other day. Hopefully I can heat it and throw it on the press but there are some cracks forming too.
Mike, it’s really not to bad to buy the parts. Give them a call and ask. I can’t remember but I did end up replacing both sides on mine and wasn’t overly upset on the money spent.

I have hose abrasion on mine. That mod looks like a good idea. The hoses are way longer than they need to be, which makes for more abrasion. Every time I have a new hose made up, I have it made 6" shorter. Eventually I'll get to the optimal length.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have had minimal wear on the hoses since.

Page that is some tweekage.

Back