BMG mod.

flushcut

TreeHouser
I have noticed some abrasion on the hoses of my BMG and did this. I cut a channel down the length of some black pipe Image 1.jpg and welded it over the sharp edge on the BMG giving it a nice radius Image.jpg Here it is tacked in place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have done that as well and it gets cut thru. This set of hoses are cordura covered and held in place with zip ties and that even creeps so that led me to this.

Image.jpg This is another mod that I did to strengthen the small arm. It's a little hard to see but I boxed the back side with 3/8" plate.

I have done that as well and it gets cut thru. This set of hoses are cordura covered and held in place with zip ties and that even creeps so that led me to this.
Would more cordura and zip ties do the job? A simpler fix for non welders.

I would use hose clamps and run the cordura all the way to the fittings and clamp'er down on the metal.

Thanks from me too. I'll be adding the pipe for rounded edges soon.
I did cut small triangle pieces of steel and welded to the tips to sharpen the teeth for grabbing larger diameter logs. When they dull up I just grind them off and weld new on. Takes minutes. Saves hours of frustration. My biggest issue was huge wood. Having to cut firewood length and it couldn't bite into the end grain. That's why I welded tips to it.

I have thought about welding on some points but they would inter fear with the scoops. So I pack the forks for the really big wood. Oh and BTW if you haven't used the scoops for stump clean ups you are missing out.

Sounds nice, everything done just right....I like that.

Light weight so it takes as little as possible from each pick would be one positive attribute. (Thus thinner than 1/2 inch material - possibly using stronger alloys.)

Knowing little about grapples I at first wanted power rotate. Lumberjack talked me out of that to save 85 lb per pick. I'm glad he did. Using the BMG on an articulating loader I do great without it.

Welcome to The Tree House by the way.

Thanks. I remembered that I still haven’t added the pipe to lessen abrasion. I twisted the large side of the grapple. I’m gonna see what I can do for it plating wise and maybe add square rods to the outside. Just have to make sure they won’t interfere with the rake/broom. Haven’t tried it on a stump clean up yet but damn can that thing spread some chips. I passed on the scoops. That oversized bucket works great though.

Back