Wtb: big shot

The smaller of the two ski areas I used to work at installed a new chairlift , one of the spans is so high that lift evac they felt the BigShot wasn't enough so they bought one of those lucky launchers w / med loads...when the director described it to me I thought she was talking about the 22 cal Naval line gun...these are cheaper and seem effective

That launcher wouldn't work here.......the cops would come and seize it and probably press charges for firing a restricted weapon.:lol:

Holy Moley!
...what I said when I checked the price, unless you climb lots off tall timber or are doing Redwood research on grant money
.... seems pricey for your average Tree worker to pay off...though the design and manufacture are quality for the money, just an expensive throw down

How many high shots out of a Big Shot before the rubber needs replacing.

Seems useful for really cold conditions where the rubber is soft.

Wonder how it shoots a tiny line. I've hit about 175' with halibut line and a reel, with a release.

... judging by my tree work and ski patrol work...I believe high shots are minimal wear really, seems to be more about transport and storage. Resultant little nicks and drying out....leads to failure..

I packed a Bigshot in my luggage and strapped the poles to the outside...no-one even looked sideways at me coming into Bermuda.

They're technically illegal here in Hong Kong but as far as I know there hasn't been any problems importing them and the police have never hassled anyone for using them.

Yeah, I don't get it. You can walk into a shop and buy a high powered compound bow. But a slingshot is illegal. :?

Some states in the U.S. claim hand held slingshots are illegal.
Here a 12 year old can buy one along with the ball bearing ammo.

You need a weapons permit for a bigshot here, in theory.
I doubt it is enforced, except you can't buy them without.
I just got one from Treestuff, and they labelled the package: line setting launcher.
Went through customs with no problems.

Some states in the U.S. claim hand held slingshots are illegal.
Here a 12 year old can buy one along with the ball bearing ammo.

They are illegal here in my city even throwing a rock into an open field is illegal. Funny thing is I lived in Milwaukee and they have archery ranges in their parks, but I move to a town with 1500 people and shooting a bow in my backyard is illegal. I got a written warning for it, go figure.

Wow, Rajan that's crazy.

As for the bigshot, I'd never buy one now. APTA is the future it looks like to me.

Back