Labor-Saving Techniques and Tools

Meh, other aspects of ageing bother me more.

Getting deaf slowly.
Having glasses scattered all over the truck, shop and house.
Bad arthritis in the knee, so I'm seriously starting to wonder if the damned thing will hold out till retirement.

Getting old sure ain't for the weak hearted.

Dick still works fine, though, so there is something to be thankful for.:lol:

I'm in reasonably good shape considering, strangely my back is better than it's been for a couple of decades.

But things I dislike about getting old.

Not being able to play football.
Not getting even remotely "checked out" by attractive young ladies.

I can't really think of anything else!

Things I like about about getting old.

Going to bed early.
Not going out, people are largely boring anyway.
Not worrying as much about money.
Not worrying about what other people think.

If I think of anything else I'll tell you.

Mick, I must have been born old since I never liked hanging out with other people, never cared much about money and never gave a shit what other people though about me.
I'm glad the deafness, blindness and lameness didn't show up until recently.

That is what women have been complaining about for about ever.

Suddenly turning invisible to men.

Personally I don't get that.
A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, no matter her age.

I'm in reasonably good shape considering, strangely my back is better than it's been for a couple of decades.

But things I dislike about getting old.

Not getting even remotely "checked out" by attractive young ladies.

Wobble your bell end at them will get you noticed.

Bump. This is a great old thread. It would be nice to hear if anybody has come up with something new since the last posts.

Tim

Yea, I wonder if anyone has come up with something that can lift whole trees over houses and set them right in the chipper, and has videos of such a thing...

Great bump Tim, lots of great threads getting bumped lately :) Since I'm poor and don't have lots of hydraulics to use, I'm a fan of log arches, the arbor trolley, rigging a quick derrick off an existing tree, my homemade grcs thing with a large right angle drill, chain falls, a duct lift to load logs in trucks and trailers, and a harbor freight truck crane with an atv winch. I also love my ancient case backhoe, and have done some cool mods and attachments to the buckets to make it more useful, including grab hooks welded on and a reciever hitch tube to move trailers and use a pintle hitch as a rigging point. I'll be getting an old lawn tractor to pull the arch and arbor trolley, and may be adding a quick little boom loader and winch when i get it, probably the harbor freight crane again :)

I'd like to make a little frame that will fit on the Arbor Trolley, with a insert for a tow-ball, to make a trailer dolly.

Back