Any users of Pellenc products here?

I posted about them here once but I think it got lost a while back. Pretty expensive over here but I know their stuff is very popular in the vineyards.

When I was thinking about the handheld chainsaw a few years ago I had a look on Arbtalk and they didn't like it much so because of that and the price I just forgot about it.

The C20 might be a later model, I can't find my old link and the batteries might have improved. The idea is great though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YNuezXM_wiw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How much lighter are those compared to a gas engine saw? We have lots of orchards here, and never heard of anyone using that type. Probably they don't know about them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is about 2kg in your hand. Feels less...
I ran small battery for about 15min continually cutting in big wood and it had 70% left.
You will not run a battery saw continually cutting longer than 15 min that has battery in saw.

Just found this thread.
Looks impressive Magnus. If the saw weighs 2 kg (4.4 lbs) and has equal or more cutting speed of a MS200 then it would be very impressive.
Battery saws have amazing torque and as the one video that shows the Husky 536 doubling the speed of the MS150T in the log proves it.
This C60 with the backpack battery should greatly outcut the Husky.

I have to laugh about the reviews of some arborists where they won't buy because of a high price. Are these guys working in semi retirement mode or are serious about earning a high income?
Whats a few hundred bucks extra when it can be paid off in a few hours of work. Quality high producing arborists require quality high producing tools.

I was impressed by it and I am not easily impressed.
This was faster and more grunt than the others and with a better chain this would really cut well.
You don't have much weight in the hand and I really doubt the cable is in the way of anything at anytime.
Those cutting trees here use the pole cutter and cutters too.

I have seen it climbed and used in tree.
I tried my damnedest to get it tangled in something so I went thru high brush, spruce tops and thick under vegitasion. I could not get it to snag in anything so I felt it was disturbing.

I have to laugh about the reviews of some arborists where they won't buy because of a high price. Are these guys working in semi retirement mode or are serious about earning a high income?
Whats a few hundred bucks extra when it can be paid off in a few hours of work. Quality high producing arborists require quality high producing tools.

The main reason that I didn't get one years ago when I looked at them was the price. I could have used it quite often then but at around $4000 it was a bit more than a few hours work for me and I could buy four 200's for about the same price so it didn't make sense really, and I've never let price stop me for quality work gear.

Can't find an Aussie link with a price list but in New Zealand it's $4461 for the saw and 700 battery pack or $4795 with the poly 5, so it'd be around the same maybe a couple of hundred cheaper. http://www.hcl-batterytools.com/

Yeah those down under prices are hard to get my head around. I like to see what prices can be had in other parts of the world.
Id have to demo one before I'd get any idea if it's worthwhile. Also what warranty they offer.
Interesting concept though.....for a moneymaking easy on the arms saw I think it may be worth the price of lets say 2-3 MS200'S

That depends on what you compare to... To me it is very cheep as I would pay almost double here...
Still it is same ratio to 200C so that is not worth the bucks to me as it costs way too much here.

I can see a apple orchard company owing one. Very environmental if veggy bar oil is used, good tax write off, very low maintenance.
Could also apply to the commercial tree service owner too.

Back