Some new pics and video for a new year

Here's how to embed videos, Jay...

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

Go ahead and edit your post - give it a shot.

Not bad Jam, some good size trees there bro.

Ya, its always good to invest in PPE, like helmets, chaps, glasses for you and the crew...something unexpected always happends in a day of tree work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i am alway wearing helmet, except when I have to give someone my helmet bcause they forgot theres. only two of my guy always wear it, the others I am constantly yelling at to put helmets on.
Your right though need to enforce more. The biggest problem is I have a full-time, part-time crew. Only one guy that works w/ me makes it in everyday (5)days.

i am alway wearing helmet, except when I have to give someone my helmet bcause they forgot theres. only two of my guy always wear it, the others I am constantly yelling at to put helmets on.
Your right though need to enforce more. The biggest problem is I have a full-time, part-time crew. Only one guy that works w/ me makes it in everyday (5)days.

The thing is about the helmet situation, if they get hurt you'll get blamed.

Other than that, some good action there:thumbup:

On my job sites no helmet=no job, no exceptions.

Nice video, some seriously big chunks getting rigged there!

I went out today w/ 1 of my main guys and a new guy who new what he was doing, hard worker,etc. We banged out more work today then if I had 4 guys of my usual crew. I am going to try to just use these 2 guys the rest of the week and myself and see if things go smoother

today hired new guy who came w/ his own helmet, glasses, and ear protection, plus my one main guy is all I had today. I didnt have to worry about not wearing helmet, yelling of any kind, got more work done than usual. This week going to lower my liability and just go out w/ these 2 guys and see if there is a differance. There the only ones I never have to remind to think safe
Think I need more consisty w/ having the same employees , that is one who can show up 5 days a week. I have 10 part-time employees who are suppossily full-timers. Still I never can get more than 2-4 people to show up everday

should try those helmets from Rope-tek with the comms. Then the guys have to wear them to communicate and helps with the yelling. Worth every penny to me, not to mention the improved safety factor. Also impresses the customer from what I have seen

That's almost like you're running a charity instead of a business. Those guys aren't serious about themselves or you. Cultivate your two disciplined go-getters...let the other dudes find another niche in this world.

Gary pretty much said it. Those guys could cost you more than a job. The helmets are huge. Communication with safety. And safer with communication. not to mention upping the efficiency

Looks like that grapple truck is worth its weight in gold to your operation.

I need one of those suckers.

For such a messed up crew situation, it looks like you get a lot of work done. I don't know how, I sure couldn't get jack doodley done with a crew like that.

A vertex is like a hundo. I like the chin strap, means it won't fall off when your muffs are up.

Hardhats rule. I have zero respect for any tree guys that don't wear them, just sayin. A tree guy could well be one ballin tree cutter/climber, but no hat? nah just too stupid for my blood. No hat is straight up gay, not manly.

i fired over 50 guys because i thought they diddnt have it for one reason or another last year. Todays world noone wants to work, or their unreliable, my biggest reason for letting guys go it it seems everyone in this area are dependent on some type of drug , illlegal and legal. I Pay on friday everyone is broke by monday.
10years ago i could leave my door unlocked and not have to worry about a thing now I have cameras all over my yard. getting off subject.

I'm going w/ ur advice and going to work with the 2 reliable guys I have. i'll keep you updated c how it works out, already have a feeling it will be good. Have grcs, bucket truck, logtruck, bobcat theres my labor replacement ill be fine with just 2 guys
Thanks for feed back

3 good guys with all that iron, you can stack up some big production.

J, skimmed the bits. Sounds like you need two solid guys, the helmets, and iron. One or two part timers who are good as grunts.

The comm systems are so worthwhile I would pay double, easy. Good warranty/ customer service, from the sounds of people's experience.

The helmet thing is a management thing, with all due respect. No helmet (provided by you) or other ppe (provided by you), they don't work. You start firing people right in front of other people, as in LEAVE THE JOBSITE NOW, and the others will hop to it a bit more, or get weeded out.

Shitty employees cost way, way too much money. No shortage of people looking for work, just have to find the ones that want to work and learn/ apprentice in a trade.

I would think that would have to frustrate the shit outta you, no?

Back