New Zigzag

I do wear gloves. I think it actually sucked my glove in and that's how it got my finger.

Yikes. I believe you; just having trouble understanding the mechanism of injury, ie. does your finger get caught between the bottom two chain links? Threading even 11.7mm rope through the device is pretty tight tolerance. Not enough room for anything else like a fingertip plus the rope!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yikes. I believe you; just having trouble understanding the mechanism of injury, ie. does your finger get caught between the bottom two chain links? Threading even 11.7mm rope through the device is pretty tight tolerance. Not enough room for anything else like a fingertip plus the rope!

To be honest I'm not 100% sure exactly where it got caught. Just know it was somewhere close to the bottom. It happened so fast.

Fast forward 2 years....... How is the zig zag now? It is my understanding that they have beefed up that top link that was cracking. Any new issues?

I think it has found itself as a very popular mainstream tool in the industry.

Cracking problems have been sorted, you see plenty of pros using them on the work photos here and on other sites work photo threads.

I only use mine on larger stuff and/or technical reductions. I stick with a blakes for day to day.

So here are some photos of how I use my Petzl Zigzag for SRT work. Again, this is not approved by Petzl, but I am not worried about my RopeWrench blowing up and the Zigzag seeing a shock load. I have found that a short tether is best to use (around 9"). Also, use a stainless steel bolt and lock nut and washer in place of a biner to connect the tether to the Zigzag. This keeps the tether stiff with zero flip-flopping around like you get if you used a biner.

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 52
Little bump for anyone interested, haven’t seen it priced this low before. Their other one with the swivel is on sale too. I have a swivel I’ll put on my bridge if I want one that bad.

Back