Stihl 201 upgrade kit

mrdiesel

TreeHouser
Has anyone heard of this? I was told stihl have released an upgrade kit. the kit consists of a bigger carbie, flywheel, and coil at a reduced price

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll going to the local Stihl shop today were I heard they were being sold. I'll try to upload some pictures etc.

I'm not sure if it's a regional thing but I'm in australia

qy9y5ebe.jpg

Got one to try $50 in Australia

It's a new carbie, new throttle link, new flywheel which is slightly bigger, and a new coil which give another 600 rpm.

The photo is the kit part number from Stihl

I'll try and get more photos after work

$50. Looks like a good deal. I'm gonna inquire here in BC Canada with that part number.

Thanks for sharing this info.

My computer has decided to go on full retard tonight and I can't see the pics for some reason, could you please list the part number?

Thanks for posting. I got my Stihl dealer checking into here in Alberta, he can pull up all the tech info and parts but it wont let him order the kit so he's gonna contact his rep and go from there. Let us know on the performance!!![-o<

Cheers
Ben

Gotta ask.
Will this part swap be advantageous for all 201ts?
or just earlier models.

anyone find this in the states yet?

Gotta ask.
Will this part swap be advantageous for all 201ts?
or just earlier models.

I was told that the 201 now being produced have the new kit in them, just got to be careful you don't get old stock

I got the kit in and had a bit of a play with the tuning.

The improvement is definitely noticeable. The low down response is very snappy. At wot it feels better in the cut. It doesn't seem to want to big down like it used to.

I've only done half a tank at the moment but happy. Being a stock saw it feels like it would now give my stock 540 a run for its money.

Interesting, as an owner of a good one and a bad one I knew that something was intrinsically different, despite stihls dealers assertion there wasn't.
What stihl have done is clever, no recalls no admissions just a very cheap upgrade kit that will set it right.
They've seen and heard the complaints (you can be sure they have people keeping an eye on forums)
And have tried to sort it.

It has been a strange roll out, i had to ring around 5 or 6 dealerships to find the kit. Only one had the kit the others didnt know about it.

Im Wondering if australia doesn't have as high epa standards as the usa or europe

Back