Which new mid-sized saw?

No, just different versions. Always use the latest to order parts...
Yes I agree. But as I said earlier the 2011 IPLs show that the 560 & 562 shared those same part numbers. Maybe they had it right in these first series of saws if they changed later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
jred 2139 is a husky 338

ah. so, is it exactly the same except cosmetics? Parts, etc?

Roger says they get hopped up nice. I ran his a couple of years ago, but don't remember, and don't normally cut redwood limbs like those, so my reference point is very poor.

The t540xp is the hot new one, ya? How are the two huskys by comparison?

The t540xp is the hot new one, ya? How are the two huskys by comparison?
Sean, I own a 338XPT and been running it for about 3 years now, it's been a good saw for me.
I'm waiting for my new T540XP to come to my dealer so I can't comment on the 540 yet.
The 334/335/338XPT is a 20 year old design now so let's say it's a little outdated. I have confidence the 540 will be a good runner., certainly has a lot of cool features.

Yes I agree. But as I said earlier the 2011 IPLs show that the 560 & 562 shared those same part numbers. Maybe they had it right in these first series of saws if they changed later.

560 was horrible in beginning, got a bit better and is now just as bad as it started out if not worse.
Uneven, some run, some don't. Cooking, blowing cranks...

Yes, Willard..but they worked out the bugs, and as you know, the NE saws kick ass! My latest one is just like the 2 stolen 2139's....except it's freakin all orange...... I have to tear down the one I got for $180 on ebay, which has low compression won't idle, and turns 15k rpm...Hope it only needs a ring and maybe seals..... piston looks OK save for lots of brown deposits. Seller said it ran great...which was clearly BS....

With my bad wrist, I go to the 192T a lot, as it is plenty peppy with just a muffler mod. And, for that reason, besides the price, am in no hurry to get a 540, as it is heavier than the 338's.

Can't imagine spending $650 to make the 150 Stihl cut fast...also can't see how, even fully ported, it could bump that listed 1.1 hp up to being fast enough to come even close to my E-lux saws.

Soon, I'll be getting a 550 In red and black, whatever that model is called..and having it sent directly to Randy, unless he's too busy and there's another builder good enough...
It's depressing that the drugged out low life's have left me with only one 3 cube saw....down from 7 a few years back.

I hear great things about the 562's - even heard rumors that the quirky autotune has been improved... I think I will have to pick one up before too long here!

I've been running a 2139t (same as a 338xpt) since 2010 and like the ergonomics and power (over the 200t even), but they are known for being fussy saws, and mine is no exception. Also, the air filter is right in the front and gets crapped up quickly. I would only go with one if you can find a sweet deal on TWO of them!

I really don't know what direction I'll go for my next top handle! My decision will be based mostly on local dealer support.

I'll be picking up a 562 with a full wrap and 20" bar here in the next couple weeks. Will be a nice in-tree demon, stoked!

Back