August Hunicke Videos

Totaly amazing!!!! Awesome!! And what other good words I can write .
Was that Proverbs 22:29 . At the tail end of one of the vids? Your work very much exemplifies that verse.

For those without a sword handy

Proverbs 22:29 Amplified Version.
Do you see a man diligent and skillful in his business? He will stand before kings ; he will not stand before obscure men.

Where in Alaska r u from?

Butch, native audio is recorded by the microphones on the device itself. Many cameras, even some helmet cams, have auxiliary jacks for outside mics to record the audio. Which usually means the native audio sucks. A major failing many helmet cams.

Thanks for answering my question, August. I love the improvements being made in this technology.

My original system, all homemade by putting parts together with cables, cost over a thousand dollars to build, and I built several. The camera and mic were completely separate of the recorder, which I carried in a backpack, with all the batteries. To say the least it was heavy, and I lost many periods of video, and or audio from cables and connectors going bad. Up in the tree I had to mind the rig all the time. The hard-drives for video storage cost about thousand dollars per two hours video. Despite the costs and shortcomings of the old system I enjoyed it immensely and did good by it actually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totaly amazing!!!! Awesome!! And what other good words I can write .
Was that Proverbs 22:29 . At the tail end of one of the vids? Your work very much exemplifies that verse.

For those without a sword handy

Proverbs 22:29 Amplified Version.
Do you see a man diligent and skillful in his business? He will stand before kings ; he will not stand before obscure men.

Where in Alaska r u from?

Thanks for the encouragement. I am from Willow Alaska originally.

Butch, native audio is recorded by the microphones on the device itself. Many cameras, even some helmet cams, have auxiliary jacks for outside mics to record the audio. Which usually means the native audio sucks. A major failing many helmet cams.

Thanks for answering my question, August. I love the improvements being made in this technology.

My original system, all homemade by putting parts together with cables, cost over a thousand dollars to build, and I built several. The camera and mic were completely separate of the recorder, which I carried in a backpack, with all the batteries. To say the least it was heavy, and I lost many periods of video, and or audio from cables and connectors going bad. Up in the tree I had to mind the rig all the time. The hard-drives for video storage cost about thousand dollars per two hours video. Despite the costs and shortcomings of the old system I enjoyed it immensely and did good by it actually.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which is why you are my Yoda.
My Documentational passion is likely only exceeded by you. Not saying that I am equally skilled by the way. Just saying that I think I have a glimmer of the motivation that made you write THE book.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4cuWGmRfelA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

More good stuff August. Looks like you made several "calculated" cuts to fit the situation/drop zone, nicely done. :thumbup::)

More good stuff August. Looks like you made several "calculated" cuts to fit the situation/drop zone, nicely done. :thumbup::)

Thanks. Yeah, two climbers; Travis pruning and myself doing that removal. One ground man. I was basically processing the brush whenever possible to save him having to grab a saw. Admittedly, I cut stuff a bit small at times but he had a bottleneck to go through with the brush. A bit of rigging, a bit of confetti, whatever it takes.

Bar cams are for sale. . . ; )

Hahaha...I thought that might be the case. I am sure some folks will take you up on that. You have gone through the madness of figuring out what does and does not work, some folks will want to take advantage of that.

When I saw your name (logo?) on there I figured you might market them. Great idea.

Hahaha...I thought that might be the case. I am sure some folks will take you up on that. You have gone through the madness of figuring out what does and does not work, some folks will want to take advantage of that.

When I saw your name (logo?) on there I figured you might market them. Great idea.

We'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really liked how that vid went along with the music. Interesting way to attach the porta-wrap onto the tree. I'll have to try that one. I'll tell ya what Aug, if they had played your vid in church when I was a kid...

Awesome edit too, those in-tree angles were fun to watch, longer clips are SOOOO COOL. Looks like you were rigging off your tie in pt.

Ash Tree right?

Another very nice vid Aug!

Im with Bix, I like the loonger clips as well ;)

I really liked how that vid went along with the music. Interesting way to attach the porta-wrap onto the tree. I'll have to try that one. I'll tell ya what Aug, if they had played your vid in church when I was a kid...

Awesome edit too, those in-tree angles were fun to watch, longer clips are SOOOO COOL. Looks like you were rigging off your tie in pt.

Ash Tree right?

Yeah Bix. Mega Kn steel biner.
My childhood church was . . . unfun too. . .
Yeah, rigging off tie in spar. . . Hmm, forgot, yep, I guess I was. Do it all the time.
Yep, Ash tree.
You can see the butt log fall from this tree in my workingman blues video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back