August Hunicke Videos

More views, August. Check it out - make some, research the results, decide for yourself.

Most people have short attention spans, so to speak. Not to mention the loading thing...

I was just making sure I wasn?t clogging up your server or something. I have enough video views. I prefer to just do what I want.

Aug

Kyle, Gary, Marc, interesting thoughts especially the writing comparison of saga versus novel. I like poetry. Its even faster than the novel. I play chess, but I use the clock. Five minutes per man, blitz chess (I lean towards a similar work style btw.)
Proper work positioning implies knowledge of proper cutting. Execution of proper cutting implies knowledge of proper work positioning. I try to tell the story as fast as feels right for the music or project vibe. Maybe if I start teaching Ill break things down more, but I edit videos for fun, my fun, and whoever else digs it. That said, Im not against poetry, novel, or even saga. I feel like each video project is already there and I am just searching for it. It will reveal itself if I listen. It is whatever length of time it already was before I started.

Aug

I feel like each video project is already there and I am just searching for it. It will reveal itself if I listen. It is whatever length of time it already was before I started.

Heavy stuff. Reminds me of the sculptor who says the sculpture is already there in the rock, he just has to reveal it.

Ya I identified the concept by the book of a bow maker called, Hunting the Osage Bow. Yes he hunts with it but first he hunts its form in the raw stave.
I saw the parallel because Ive often not known where to start but have been subsequently lead through projects (all projects in life) by searching each new reality brought by step-taking.

Aug

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IZZOMGDbRI0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great video!!!! Now I want one.... and about that new monkey beaver saddle, I still don?t have an old one. I do see a nice sized sale picture of them in the new Wes Spur catalog, my favorite place to order gear! ;)

Thanks August, fun and informative.

3CA30CAE-F64E-4F3A-AAC0-631BD4A14989.jpg

Good vid, if I didn’t have 3x201s and a husky battery saw I’d have one.

Very popular this side of the pond, eclipsing the 150 I’d say judging by forum reviews.

Great video!!!! Now I want one.... and about that new monkey beaver saddle, I still don?t have an old one. I do see a nice sized sale picture of them in the new Wes Spur catalog, my favorite place to order gear! 😉

Thanks August, fun and informative.

View attachment 85450

Thanks. We will be selling the original for quite sometime. I feel bad for Wesspur. I like them. They put the effort into that catalog. Its really nice. Joe and I just want to handle the distribution ourselves. Our original design will be available on my store for pre-order very soon.

Aug

Quick story, so my wife and I both have the same samsung phones and they are both connected to the same gmail account so that we can share contacts, calendar, etc. This is also the same email that I have for my Youtube account, which means that all of my Youtube notifications go to her phone as well.

So, this afternoon, on my way back from the dump, she texts me, "Just watched August's new video...I have questions...". Now I'm thinking "what the heck are you talking about? Since when do you watch arborist videos on Youtube?". Then she says, "I'll ask when you get home". I'm puzzled at this point.

So when I get home, she says "so on this new video, he throws his rope over to that other tree, and then what happens with it? How is he tied in to that tree?". So then I have to explain about the base tie and SRT setup that you're using... And then she's like "man, he is so fast flinging that saw around, he's a wildman. He sure is comfortable up there!".

Anyway, the whole thing was so unexpected. I don't think she's asked me a question about tree climbing in 6 years or something...

8)

Thank you for the video and for picking up the echo.
Ive been curious and then I see that you had been as well.

I dont know how much the 2511t has been run yet but she should pick up power as she gets broken in.

The tune did sound a little on the rich side but thats a good thing with a new Saw or a saw that got ported.

I wish I knew all the work saw king did.
carb work?
Is the ignition coil is limited?

he did mild porting but I wonder what exactly that means.

Timing advance? Squish and base gasket?

I had a talk with an echo dealer and inquired about the 1/4pitch that Oregon makes as the Stihl 1/4 only comes as safety chain.

he said they looked and it wouldnt fit so were left with the bar/chain from stihl.

Im planning on grabbing a 2511t when my echo dealer has their dealer days.
Pretty excited.

Are we watching the birth of monkey beaver stuff? A whole store or just stuff that you developed?

Just things we create or like and to give innovators a safe place to bring things to market and not have their stuff copied/stolen by the retailers who should be promoting them.

Aug

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z_T0zYfXpCY" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well done on the fallen tree removal. Did you climb any of those trees for block or line installation or did you do it all from the ground?

Tractive effort and drawbar pull I believe are terms involved in your Vermeer testing

Back