August Hunicke Videos

Oh, and fine work on those tops August. That's a crappy predicament to be in. And, never discard the option of hauling up a pole saw to reach up and pick those tops apart. Would have taken all of 5 mins to reduce that weight by half. Be safe, mate.

Ya, dead on true

Sideloading is the natural concern. Definitely all about the angle. The benefit of the speed line at the proper steep angle is it ain't stopping or suddenly loading or trunk slamming.
Also, at the proper steep angle, being top-anchored, it nowhere near doubles the load like a block.
Go too far out to the side and die though.

By the way, I am not saying this in a teacher type way. I totally expect we all understand this and I'm just enjoying putting it into words.

If your obstacle is directly below the tree, you don't need to get much horizontal movement out of the speed line, so not much force.

I would use a handheld speedline versus locked off on a porty/ tree-wrap, for the shock-absorbing effect.

If you can speedline against the lean of a tree, it somewhat guys and compresses the tree, rather than side-loading, and vice-versa.

You need a computer.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tm4W9u5cORk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVuIlFyu5Fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks, August...my Cloggers are on the way now...shipped two days ago. Your review enhances my looking forward to trying them. I have some 10 year old Wesspur heavy blue saw pants that I seldom wear...bulky, hot. I am hoping these Cloggers make it much easier to be properly protected...especially in the tree.

Good detailed review...and enjoyable to watch.

They are on my want list... Just need these holidays and truck in the shop to go away and I can pull the trigger on a few things. This little truck incident I had is running up over 4200.00 now... Yeah for me.

Yup. I had some work done on it for preventative and for an alignment it needed. Brakes, bearings, bushings, seals.
One front wheel almost came off. Screwed up the spindle. Took it back to the guys that worked on it. They made the old spindle work, but we still needed a new one. Rear brakes then were acting up and looked like one of the seals was going. Had the tie rod ends and such done. They installed those wrong and it wore a part out. Sooooooo Total do over plus some.
Drivers side rear brakes fell off when they pulled the wheel at the new place. I doubt they put new seals in either.
So much for trying to do business local.

Way out of the loop here guys (sorry), but ahhh... just wanted to say again August... what I mean is... I just watched your "old-school half-hitch," vid again, and it got me super re-stoked to just half-hitch big ol' Fir limbs again. I love doing it. As Gerry pointed out: the only time you have to be concerned is if slack (ya know... the stinkin line catches on a stinkin nub on the way down the stem, or something.) gets introduced in the line. I just tell the ground guys not to get under till the stuff's dang-near on the ground. Fastest rope-work ye'll ever do.

Back