August Hunicke Videos

It works great if you have a high redirect like in the video, or if you have mechanical advantage of some kind. I've found it to be difficult with only man power.

MA was unnecessary on this one. Ground could support some weight and I had unhindered freedom to drop the loads to feather in the landing spot.

This is my repeated annoying signature.

In addition to your rock star ground team, that did have to do with your high redirect point right?

I feel like it's been difficult for me to keep the branches off the ground and tip them sideways from purely ground-based man power, at least if the branches are any substantial size.

High anchor allowed for the surface of the ground to support the tips so that I didn't hold the entire weight of the bunches.

hey august, i just watched your jerry beranek interview for the 40th time.

i have to thank you for that.
really nice to see you three together.
legendary tales from a true master.

do you have any other people in mind for a future tree talk?
perhaps a pt3 with the big man?

not that you're busy with any other projects....

Great stuff, well explained.

I felt a little sorry for the rope man getting a bit of a lecture after every log, I don't think that was particularly easy to judge.

https://youtu.be/tWyVWSk6_wc

Nice work August!

I like the way you kind of modified the double block system with the two remote anchors. Good trick for the pocket.

That property, and the deck mostly reminded me of the motorcycle dealer's property. Was it the same guy? I don't remember the river being quite that close.

Do you have to deal with "sensitive or protected area" rules?

We have wetlands, steep slopes, native growth protection areas, and waterways that will all have a buffer. That would be have been both a shoreline, and steep slope area and we'd have to jump through hoops, "if" it was a justified removal.

Yes we have riparian rules. Have to follow them because those in charge are i-dotting, t-crossing types.

aug

Great stuff, well explained.

I felt a little sorry for the rope man getting a bit of a lecture after every log, I don't think that was particularly easy to judge.

Yes, I tell them I love them though. We have a lot of fun.

aug

I love Morbark!!! As far as the guys go. They give each other a harassment all day long. It's a game. Morale is really good.

aug

You're setting a great tree industry standard Aug!

Hopefully it catches on and becomes widely emulated mate.

Props to yu!

Jomo

Nice vid, AH.

Your saw stow set up looks fine, can you splain a bit? Thanks.

Nice vid. I can relate about harassing the ground crew. I do it and they have no problem returning it. It's all in good fun and because of the ropetek systems we all take it well. No one is yelling at another. Although my young groundie does get a bit upset when I remind him that I've known his mother since high school.

I've wanted to see these stiff connections that people seem to be using for one handed hanging.

I usually use a taped open 'biner for a saw hook (with a lanyard). Easy on, easy off. A stiff connection would make it easier.

Back