August Hunicke Videos

That would probably make a lot of Top Gear fans scratch their heads.

I only watched the first few minutes, at which point I realized I didn’t have the time to watch it all, but looks good to me. In my neck of the woods it counts as logging.

The best way I have found to determine the lean of a tree by eye is to stand on the opposite side of the lean at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the desired lay. If I stand under the lean I have a very difficult time trying figure out which way it will go. I also have to be standing next to the tree, not 40’ from it.

Nice falling, felling, cutting, logging, sawing, tripping video. I do like your explanation of things too. Maybe someday that Collins will be the star of the show but for now I’m sure it was happy being an extra. :thumbup:

Just can't win:lol:

Cory, we don't use yarders, only skidders and forwarders.
Does that mean I can't call myself a logger anymore.

Stig, in this part of the world, you and your company would not be called loggers. Probably the most common term would be "custom cutters".

"Loggers", in contrast, are more like general contractors in the house building trade. They might hire custom cutters, often the log trucking, and usually have in house capacities for all steps in between.

For my money, I'd rather be a custom cutter than a logger, any day.

The best way I have found to determine the lean of a tree by eye is to stand on the opposite side of the lean at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the desired lay. If I stand under the lean I have a very difficult time trying figure out which way it will go. I also have to be standing next to the tree, not 40’ from it.

Sometimes its tuff though, if the tree has a bow in it, to figure the lean. Or, if it's a big hardwood leaning one way but with a huge leader leaning the other way

"Custom cutter" sounds like the name of one of those woodturning tools that Robert Sorby manufactures, that are supposed to make amateurs able to turn wood without bothering to learn the basics of the craft.

Well, here we say " H?nd skovere" which translates to hand fallers, as opposed to the harvesters, that are taking away more and more of our livelyhood.

Sometimes its tuff though, if the tree has a bow in it, to figure the lean. Or, if it's a big hardwood leaning one way but with a huge leader leaning the other way

True Cory and those big hardwoods would be very difficult for me I’m sure since I have cut very few of them.

Just watched the whole thing, great work and editing as always brother. Adam is really improving his game.

I love the falling video gigs like that put me in my happy place.

But why remove the trees at the top of the slide aren't the root systems help holding the soil in place?

Two of the trees were dead 💀
and right next to the house. The little one. . . Meh probably on borrowed time as well. Geo guys we?re giving the house a passing grade for its location up on top. He just bought the place.

Aug

Ok I'm bored with nothing to do today so I been watching some youtube. I know this is an oldie (back when August was still in blue jeans) but I like the poem.

For some reason I am unable to embed videos anymore...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ei7YDO6ys0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6ei7YDO6ys0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was and I think I am doing it the same way. Click "share", "embed" and "copy" then paste into video clip... But this wouldn't be the first time I screwed something up.

Everything sounds right except this>>> "then paste into video clip"

Paste, yea - but what is this clip - video clip you speak of?

Back