August Hunicke Videos

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hD71VXuUe_A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is not "precision" logging, it is simply logging.
None of those lays were particularly tight.

Nice video, as usual.

That is not "precision" logging, it is simply logging.
None of those lays were particularly tight.

Nice video, as usual.

Should I change the title? I don?t think so. It?s subjective. The felled trees precisely didn?t wreck anything. I?ve been around a lot of cutters here in the Northwest that get a lot of collateral damage by comparison to me. And they don?t care which is why they get it. Both with the attitude they cut with and the attitude they skid with. I?ve seen better cutters than me for sure but generally speaking...

Aug

The tapatalk app is still exchanging quotes and apostrophes for question marks in my view.

Aug

You are right, August. It was nice enough work compared to a lot of what I've seen.

My point was that to me at least, it was nothing special, so I felt using the word "precision" was gilding the lily a bit.

No big deal either way.

I will see if there is an update for the app. That?s a pretty annoying reoccurring typo.

Aug

That is not "precision" logging, it is simply logging. None of those lays were particularly tight.

That is not logging. In the PNW, logging is the yarding of felled trees, afaik.

That is precision falling.

Nice shots, for sure AH.

Stig, most loggers on this earth who have your level of experience fully share your level of proficiency at falling and logging. Its not rocket surgery. Take a breath. No need to throw stones, imo.

I thought of it more of a language thing, than a throwing stones thing, but whatever.

I thought the act of falling the trees, so you could yard them out, was covered under the use of "Logging"?

When I was there, cutting was falling and yarding was logging. Back in the northeast, logging means the whole cutting and yarding process as one.

Anyway, s'all good, just an opinion.

Nobody can question your facility with languages.

Funny thing, I was going to call the video precise falling but I didn?t want to deal with all the people who would argue with me over felling/falling terminology.
Should have just called it no cleanup job or something.

Aug

Just can't win:lol:

Cory, we don't use yarders, only skidders and forwarders.
Does that mean I can't call myself a logger anymore.

Skidders and skidding, is but one means of getting the felled trees to the yard. Same with forwarding. I would lump it under the catch all term of yarding. Even if if there is no cable-type yarding machine involved.

I would say if you aren't in charge of the yarding, if that is subbed out etc, then you are a faller or a cutter. Or in Maine, a chopper.

" Dumping trees left and right" would sound even better.

So I shall call myself a faller henceforth.

You're lucky, falling is the fun part, I would say. Clean up sucks. Unless you are just skidding or forwarding. But to do that all day could get boring I would think. When I logged I did both the falling and skidding.

I hate working in machines. Always have.
Richard loves it, so at one time we wanted to buy a forwarder, but we couldn't get enough work for it to work out.
Pity, as it would have been a nice tool to have.

Back