August Hunicke Videos

Great vid man! Looks like your daughter had a great time. "say thanks", I love it!:thumbup: Looks like you've made yourself a great life in a beautiful place, well done.

Oh yeah, the typical question.... why'd the tree come down? Looked like a nice one.

Pool conflict, I'll bet.

A drone will be very valuable for finding storm work trees on houses. Way better than driving around looking for the 'seed job'. This last storm was in an area where I have very, very little customer base, and was a very localized microburst.

Ya, thanks, Levi, was as nice as a LA could get. I have even done periodic focused and professional EWR on it for years.
Yep, pool conflict.

aug

She's a little cutie...and looks like a bit of a chatterbox, too. My 5th grade grandson can talk a blue streak.

Enjoyed the video much.

Your best vid yet Aug!

Yu total fuggin control freak!

Love the the long leash mechanical advantage, very sneaky.

Jomo

Great stuff.

I know the speech "I'm almost certain this is going to to work, so I'm not saying run, I'm saying be ready to run, that's all"

Lot of do's and do not's that only a lot of experience can teach you.

Funny you mentioned getting a new falling axe... I was thinking the other day that I should try to hook you up with my favorite. I'd tell you what it is but you might make rash judgement about it. I will look and see if I can find one, I'd have to hang a new handle in it because they don't make them anymore. Maybe I will get one set up for you and you can try it out, compare it to others and see what you think.

I like watching how you set up your cuts...instructional to see that. Good camera angles, explanations. Seeing the drone shots of the results of wedging was very good...impressive that each pounding of the wedge could be seen at the top of the tree.

A LOT of good thoughts expressed there, August. Glad you survived your gravity/concentration/pride lesson. So many people...not just tree people...need to take to heart that idea: "it's not all about me". The ripple effect of bad things (and good) is real. Tragedies are never only personal.

Thanks for taking time to pass along what you learned...it can help some folks if they will listen.

Hella job. Nice save on the boom trees. Trees in decks are always a lot of work.

Back