August Hunicke Videos

Or sit in the truck and hug you and tell you everything is going to be alright, or dry your tears and brush your hair softly till the sobbing stops.

At least I don't think there's an attachement for that...

Genuine LOL

aug

If you guys like that video, you might like this unlisted video I made sometime back to vent against the PC industry bureaucracy. Not a public video but it made me feel better to work naturally and speak out, albeit quietly against the type A's (A, meaning a-hole of course) . . . Perhaps one of you gentlemen can embed this for me…

https://youtu.be/NihxPPDWWDg

aug

:thumbup: did you change the name of the vid?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NihxPPDWWDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, you sent me a link in PM awhile back, I thought it was called kiss my ass or something like that:lol: great vid either way.

Oh, I thought it was called that too. That's the name I went looking for a minute ago. I probably never named it that.

aug

Good call, thanks for sharing again. It would be great for the industry if it were public, in my opinion.

I've been one handing and doing the 'grab and toss' for a good part of my career. It's how I learned to cut from a bucket. Between the material handler and the 'grab and toss', I cannot remember the last time I had to rope down a limb in a tree. On the big stuff I have slings in the bucket that I use to rig the limb off itself, then either piece it out or grab it with the material handler and crane it down to the ground. On big vertical wood I can snap cut it, then go up and pluck it with the material handler.

That was real Treework August & your best video for a while - honest to the core. I often wonder how much you sanitise your videos for the YouTube armchair experts.

August, this is your best video, thank you for sharing. Keeping it real. The guy I learned from one-handed everything, literally. I rope more than he does, but I still one-hand plenty. Trick is knowing when its ok and when its not. The industry brass can act like nobody one-hands, but reality is reality.

Haters gonna hate, ain'ters gonna ain't

Great vid, nice change of pace.

Rope snap lowering is da bomb.

Between the material handler and the 'grab and toss', I cannot remember the last time I had to rope down a limb in a tree. On the big stuff I have slings in the bucket that I use to rig the limb off itself, then either piece it out or grab it with the material handler and crane it down to the ground. On big vertical wood I can snap cut it, then go up and pluck it with the material handler.

Is this because you are working alone? Grab and toss, cut and chuck whole trees sounds like a huge pita, unless you are working alone.

Is this because you are working alone? Grab and toss, cut and chuck whole trees sounds like a huge pita, unless you are working alone.

Seldom work alone, but I'm a sub so I'm always working with different crews. Instead of having to depend on a stranger to rope for me, I just stack the stuff up for them so they can deal with it however they are going to deal with it. I'll cut small enough to handle and stack easily and try not to make a giant birds nest. And I try to pile up the logs separate from the brush. A lot like Aug was doing in the video, but I'll end up doing the whole tree like that (depending on ground obstacles and how it's getting cleaned up). If I have 3 guys standing there watching me then I'll just let everything fall and they can have something to do.

Concerning grabbing and tossing from a bucket, I'd tell the groundies that if they would be looking up at me then I'd toss it wind-rowed at their feet.

Not looking up? I'd toss it away from them.

Attachments

• dead pine 041.jpg
    dead pine 041.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 62
Brian, I wonder if you do, or have considered, zip lining to a fixed ground anchor, adjusting slack/ tension up top. Could save wear and tear.

Back