August Hunicke Videos

August, fantastic new vid. I love this piano tune. Can I ask where you get royalty-free music from for your videos? I have been playing with a site called epidemicsound.com that I found through a vlogger named Peter McKinnon. He's out of Toronto. He makes videos about photo and video production. Anyway, epidemic sound is a partnership with Youtube where you pay $15/month for unlimited access to music that won't get flagged, for using on your channel. There's a ton of great stuff on there, might be worth checking out.

Love your videos brother! Editing skills are off the hook!

That was REALLY beautiful, August. Thanks so much, man. Freakin Damien cuts pretty good eh? Good job on that kid.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VOcl8fhcvR4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Always fun to see two guys in different trees working like that. Cool how y'all tossed lines back and forth and the one climber tree became the gin pole. Any "butterflies" from the climber about his tree being a rigging tree?

Always fun to see two guys in different trees working like that. Cool how y'all tossed lines back and forth and the one climber tree became the gin pole. Any "butterflies" from the climber about his tree being a rigging tree?

Nope! : )

Aug

This one is plain and slow.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mW4uqIsTLbE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Particularly when you consider how hard Madrone is.
About like our Beech.

Madrone is really a beautyful tree.
Growing between the dark conifers out on the West coast, it really looks fine with that smooth reddish bark.
One of my favourite trees.

There is a relative, which grows in Portugal, Arbutus Arbutus, where Madrone is Arbutus Menziesii.
The Portuguese ferment and destill the fruits, the resulting liqour is called Medronho.
Strong stuff, I had some last time I was in Portugal.

Love the science knowledge Stig. Many people mythologically believe that the berries are harmful if ingested on Madrone. I chew them up to get the juices out of them and spit out the fiber. Same with Manzanita.

Aug

Rope snaps? I dont overrig them. Or knots either for that matter. I just like to use nice ropes and rig things that wont break the spars out. I hate that.

Aug

Just trying to figure out how much is too much on snaps, not making any statements? I wonder if rope bend at the knot, on the little bend radius of a snap is the limiting factor, or the snap itself.

The guy who's climbed for me a few times rigs with a snap, sometimes. He is not aware of good gear methods, such as pulling over a spar with a machine with a his climbing-line, and someone else doing the pulling.

I generally try to isolate the snap or biner with a half-hitch or make a munter hitch out of the rope, clipping the working end back to the line, almost a clove hitch.

I use rope snap rigging very often. I used to worry about the bend radius etc, but after taking plenty of large pieces (approx 300- 400 lbs) with or without an intervening half hitch, and the bowline on the rope snap shows no sign of being seriously tightened up by from all the rigging, I think the bend radius of the rope on snap is a non issue. As the pieces get bigger I usually remove the snap and just use rope only.

Rope snap rigging rocks imo because it is so fast and also the rope throws well when needed due to the added tip weight.

Back