August Hunicke Videos

I liked the vid style, man goes up to tree, grumbles about how it's more rotten than he thought, does tree, grumbles that he's underpriced it (and that it's more rotten than he thought!) drives off, grumbles about his wife.
It's classic stuff, genuinely loved it.

Hahahaha!!!
Wow, you have a gift!
I wish I could say I did that all on purpose. I just sort of talked about what was going on LOL.
I think I go through life like that. Just making it up as I go.
I never expected to wreck the whole tree out. I expected to set a pull line somewhere and then pull it backwards against the lean and bugger up some other trees and claim safety.
I just kept climbing a little higher. There was a lot of other dialogue I could have left in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked the vid style, man goes up to tree, grumbles about how it's more rotten than he thought, does tree, grumbles that he's underpriced it (and that it's more rotten than he thought!) drives off, grumbles about his wife.
It's classic stuff, genuinely loved it.

hahaha...great review...spot on!!!!:lol:

Most excellent, fo sho.

I expected to set a pull line somewhere and then pull it backwards against the lean and bugger up some other trees and claim safety.

:lol:

I can give you a review of the 540 Jed. Might have to do it privately though so as not to piss off anyone. ; )

O.k... So it's super cold-blooded. Yeah that kinda sucks... if you're pruning. On a removal just let that pig idyle off the microprocessor... stays hot and just kills it compared to a 201. O.k. the gas tank's kinda small, and it comes with a garbage Oregon semi-chisel, but not all of us can have a 200t. Plus that pig (the 540) is 2.5 horsepower! Some easy porting and that thing beats any other top handle ever made, plus the chip handles all the carb adjust stuff for you.

On another note... I simply can't believe how good at the vids (let alone the tree work) you're becoming. I'm gonna send the last two off to my buddy Chris.

I was in need of hearing some Steve Earle. I like how you're explaining more of why you do things the way you do. You're videos are becoming more educational as well as being entertaining. Nice job as always

Well done August, that video is loaded with great stuff, and I'm not just talking about the tree work.
Inspiring for sure, a whole lot of common sense stuff that I very much appreciate and understand.

Good one.
I guess you'll soon tied up mostly with grass cutting :lol:
Interesting that you remained tied in to the other tree even though you're miles above your tie in, when I'm like that I think "well if this tree failed I'd probably be better going down with it rather than being the soft link in tight rope situation" Or, if by some cock up, my strop failed or was cut, it looks like you'd hit the ground before the slack was taken up.

Good one.
I guess you'll soon tied up mostly with grass cutting :lol:
Interesting that you remained tied in to the other tree even though you're miles above your tie in, when I'm like that I think "well if this tree failed I'd probably be better going down with it rather than being the soft link in tight rope situation" Or, if by some cock up, my strop failed or was cut, it looks like you'd hit the ground before the slack was taken up.

Yeah, I left it for the work positioning comfort it gave later, without having to re-employ it, plus, like I said, I'm not that smart ; )

Back