August Hunicke Videos

Good stuff, August. Solid work.

Seems like your dump trailer could have been a good spot to anchor a sling and biner for a munter hitch. One guy, operating out of the line of fire, so to speak, with less hard jolting on the hands. Maybe able to land them more onto the road where they would be flat, and on lower friction surface for spinning???

I'll note that rigging boom tie thingy. Would probably help on straight conifers to move it away from the trunk where it might snag on something. Thanks.

Reg, I mean they were tight.
I was just giving the piece somewhere to go after the face closed up.

Not very wide open is what I mean. So the "scarf" was ensuring a break over without me doing all the rip-cutting of a bird mouth.

Good stuff, August. Solid work.

Seems like your dump trailer could have been a good spot to anchor a sling and biner for a munter hitch. One guy, operating out of the line of fire, so to speak, with less hard jolting on the hands. Maybe able to land them more onto the road where they would be flat, and on lower friction surface for spinning???

I'll note that rigging boom tie thingy. Would probably help on straight conifers to move it away from the trunk where it might snag on something. Thanks.

I was trying as much as possible to avoid "fixed" lines across the street.

Reg, I mean they were tight.
I was just giving the piece somewhere to go after the face closed up.

That's what I thought you meant, haha

But you were cutting deep into the wood also, to help tip the log. Thats a lot of sawing. I'd have probably done the opposite, and cut just a shallow face....if you get my meaning :) If the guys pre load the tip tie, the logs should fold easy. But, your way worked great regardless.

Yeah, they were pretensioning by hand with your RC 2000.
I went against two different leans so they weren't exactly inclined the direction I was putting them. I liked the deep notch to undermine them.
Check out our pretensioning system Reg. Works a charm.
Joe MacGyver'd that one day. We've loved it ever since. Nobody likes to carry the GRCS.
0c32d5ac95a34330f57d9f68ddbe46d0.jpg

Good trick. Seems like a forked branch can do a similar trick. Might be possible to put it under the barrel at at e fork, as needed.

Maybe the top of a POW will work similarly.

Man, I gotta put the IPA's down... coulda swore the tree the kid took the back-weight off with the bucket, that you slammed into the lot with the bird face was a Cottonwood. :?:?:? Eeeesh.

Wait... what the Heck was it then?

They are sewn for dedicatedness. This kit was a prototype that I still use so I don't have to buy one of the final kits. The ones for sale, are not tightly sewn to the biner like these. There is a heavy rubber ring instead which allows you to rotate the carabiner on the sling for longer wear. If a sling were to be destroyed entirely. The new sling would need to be girth hitched on.

The Rubber Rings with the tool to install is an Awesome way to do it, & the end user can rotate slings as needed keep from wearing 1 section out.

Thank You August.

Back