August Hunicke Videos

I can't imagine asking clients to take part part in the video like that but I love that they do

You've really taken the treefelling video to a new level.

Big time! That was awesome. You got me with the tree to tree transfer, felt a little twinge in my innards when those frames flashed by.

That job shown, I'm guessing up to a day, depending on cleanup. How much time is added filming and then the editing and production must take a lot of time. Plus you had to do the screenplay (is that the right word) for the actors. Lotta work done, wow.

Purely to satisfy my curiosity, do bedslide pay August for that?

I sure think they should. That was amazing as an advert for a product. Just as a guess if you had all the skills to make a video like that for a company, and you wanted to make $ equal to tree service work or better, how much would you say they would have to pay you? I'm guessing it would have to be around $20,000.

Amazing, amazing!!! I could see a whole string of August Hunicke ad videos and people looking forward to watching the next one.

It's beautiful. August, you are so talented is so many things. The directing, camera angles, editing and performing amazing feats in trees! Thank you so much for presenting our industry in its true right!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was Reg Coats in that video?

Yeah, he was the super cheap tree cutter guy at the beginning LOL
Kidding, no he wasn't. I think he would likely rather hug a cactus than be in a video like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure those two people weren't clients.

Yes, they were clients. Never met the guy before but I loved his setting. You guys have no idea how much impositioning I went through with those people to make that happen.
Well, Jerry does, making all those logging crews stand still for a picture. I'm getting rather good at asking people to participate, it was hard to ask, but I had promised the bed slide company a video quite some time back and I hadn't had the nerve to ask any clients so it was make or break.
I'm pretty sure they feel like it's a great service. Got to be good advertising when they can show people who they hired. I'm just hoping I'll get bad slides attention.
If it wasn't for the wife I don't know if I could've asked but she was a real ham. He was an outdoorsy type that didn't even have dress clothes. I had them watch old episodes of leave it to beaver to get the style down and then go to the Goodwill and pick out old timey leave it to beaver clothes and once I knew they were all in I started running the show LOL. Plus I did the job for $100 under the lowest bid. ($500) no cleanup of course, my fav.

Going on a date with wife, I'll do some more replying later ;-) pulled an all nighter last night working on that video LOL. Gotta make up for it.

Of course they knew it, but they needed to immerse in it for the director. ; )

Awesome video. I am always amazed that you can cut what I assume is hours of footage into a 5 minute video. You are clearly a very talented videographer. Well done, as usual.

Back