August Hunicke Videos

Those hinge shots where really neat, watching all the interlocked fibers separate.

I totally would have been break away lanyard guy on that last one. haha

Always a pleasure August.

Loved the felling part, great narration and vid extras explaining lean and lay etc, stopwatch was cool too. And there's that ground shake from breaking-hinge again.

Was the custy averse to being on youtube?

Re the filming of other non tree parts, IMO, you have to figure a way to be on camera without it being obvious you know you are on camera. I guess it is known as acting, or not knowing one is being filmed. Not easy to do of course. But so much better to watch. Or maybe it will happen after so much filming-time that one becomes insensate to the camera's presence.

Yeah Cory...he didn't wanna be on cam.
There's a time to be oblivious to the camera but also a time to talk to the audience and make them feel...there.

This is my repeated annoying signature.

hahaha. I don't know what it means but it's probably true.

This is my repeated annoying signature.

"It's a lame climber or boss that doesn't care about the ground guys". :thumbup:

When I was cutting logs my first thought was always the hookers that were going to be next on the hill. Not making a busted, crossed up mess, eliminating any hazards and flagging bees nests is always something I strived for. Although I don't think they always realized it...

Liked it a lot. And I agree with the lame boss/climber comment. Just need to be careful that they don't get it to easy or they don't wanna do it when you have to.

"It's a lame climber or boss that doesn't care about the ground guys". :thumbup:

When I was cutting logs my first thought was always the hookers that were going to be next on the hill. Not making a busted, crossed up mess, eliminating any hazards and flagging bees nests is always something I strived for. Although I don't think they always realized it...

Bless your soul. I've worked behind thoughtful fallers as well as thoughtless ones. Don't doubt if the yarding crew was worth their salt that they didn't realize it, and appreciate it. ;)

That's an interesting idea to accumulate the limbs in air on a low point of the speed line, then to lower all the bunch in one time just at the right spot. It seems to save a lot of time /energy to avoid reseting the line at each time.

Love the music!

That's an interesting idea to accumulate the limbs in air on a low point of the speed line, then to lower all the bunch in one time just at the right spot. It seems to save a lot of time /energy to avoid reseting the line at each time.

Love the music!
It works great if you have a high redirect like in the video, or if you have mechanical advantage of some kind. I've found it to be difficult with only man power.

Love the music!

That nadir speedline rigging trick was excellent. Outside the box thinking for me...my box just got bigger. Thanks for showing. Love how it delivered the limbs right to the chipper. And the music WAS perfect.

Back