August Hunicke Videos

That was a most complicated tree. Up and down so many times piecing out and making room for all its spars and limbs. Now mark my words, "a single spar conifer of the same volume would have taken a quarter of the time to accomplish the same goal.

It was a beautiful tree. Just a baby. too.

A Lebanese Cedar?

Atlantic Cedar (blue atlas) much like the deadora just different color.
Yes, baby. Crazy huh! That thing was getting what it needed.

That was a beautiful tree. Great work August. Thanks for all the effort in putting the video together!

I've felt bad many times over the tree I was slaying.

I still have one from two years ago showing up in a dream every now and again, a huge 250-275 year old white oak of perfect form and health that was removed for an edition to a condo. Joni Mitchell comes to mind.

I still have one from two years ago showing up in a dream every now and again, a huge 250-275 year old white oak of perfect form and health that was removed for an edition to a condo. Joni Mitchell comes to mind.

Oooooo, that is bad. I took down a huge white oak (90'x 3.75') in perfect health, for a pool install..:/:

Damn August. That was good shooting, wood/ brush and videography.

I like some of those tricks that you can do with the Vermeer grapple.

Poor tree.

I had to take one down for a family who was pretty heartbroken about it. Two large leaders blew out, out of nowhere, into the driveway, where the elderly mother was just dropped off by the retirement age daughter, ten minutes before. Popped right out of the main trunk.

Btw, good job hi lighting the de-burring (I thinks that's what you called it), that is a great safety tip for anyone who hasn't been yanked yet and also for those who could use a reminder.

You have experienced the danger of that general scenario first-hand in Alaskan waters;)

; )
Yes, very cool and interesting that we can alter the course of things in motion that are far more powerful than us, as long as we augment the momentum, as in judo without getting in the way.

For sure.

Are you a Judo guy or have been previously? Or maybe you just see/sense the similarities between some arts and tree work.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kKm32g6B6Os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Um, you are rather hard core.

Great slo mo on the falling top, definitely better to see that than real time.

That was just bad ass doing that job in those conditions. At least imo.

HO clean up I assume?

That looked so miserable, I have a feeling it must have been not as bad as it looked:/: At least I hope so.

Great vid. :drink:

Back