August Hunicke Videos

Thanks H, The rubber ring is an improvement. I think Bonner gets credit for that one, or Luke, I can't remember which. Thanks Cory, I knew you would like it LOL. It's got less glam.
Thanks Jer, my 2017 effort is to open up a bit more.

10-4. You are welcome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tAKQRqyGEGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here you go Cory. Pasting again cause of the reset. Thanks for always having interest and legit questions.

Hey man, thanks for doing the ridiculous amount of work it takes to create those vids! I will watch soon.

Don't worry. You're still kinda anonymous. Besides your address and stuff. I don't know how comfortable I'd be with that?

Well if you own a biz, there's probably no way around having your address on the net, even if you strive not to put it there, eh?

uh, you know where I live?:/:

Holy chit, that was epic.

Well that was real cool and sure was a great way to answer questions.

In no particular order....

That was a fantastic videographic explanation of the ring placement to bolster the strength of the boom. Perfect placement it appeared to be.8)

As Mik said earlier (but it got deleted by the site reset) it was great to see a real world vid, something with some strife in it (he said it better than that). The piece you were pulling over and pushing on, that was awesome. Lordy we've all been there 50x's so it was fascinating to see it on vid. Btw, that piece, why did you tie the bull rope in the middle- to shorten it up, smooth the shock load, or what? Given that it was potentially sketchy, seems like a butt tie could have removed some of the excitement, also given that the ground guy didn't seem to let it down much. When I was first learning mid point tying, I got rather skewered in the shin with a long heavy horizontal limb; that got my attention for sure, ever after.

So that was definitely a great overall vid- fun to watch and educational. Would you say that one was 'real style?' If you agree it was a good vid then that throws more fuel on the question of which is better, real or Hollywood :P

But good answers to that question in the vid.

Hey the strobe vid in closing worked well. Its good in small doses;)

Definitely coulda used some longer footage of the stump grinding though ;):lol:

Dang Cory, you wanna see more of the stump grinding?!! I bet the guy that runs our grinder can knock that excitement right out of you. I've only found one thing more boring than grinding stumps and that's watching someone do it. Just hacking on ya, that's all.

Good stuff August. I enjoy all your videos. I think a blend of both styles would appease all.

Ha, I hear ya.

I actually don't find grinding stumps boring at all. Its the whole thing of trying to do it as fast and smooth as possible that keeps me engaged.

My wife says I think boring things are fun, btw.:/:

Lemme guess, Rich, you guys must have a giant grinder.

Not yet. We're grinding primarily with a 65 horse tracked Vermeer. It's not built for the work it does. Less than a year old and had had a cylinder replaced and on it's fourth turbo. The beast of a grinder is coming though. Most likely it's one of the two big purchases this year. The other is kept top secret till I see it. And that's because I won't believe it till the keys are put in my hands.

Thanks Cory, camera viewpoints don't convey the clearance issues with the fir trees under the limb and the chimney. There was a lot of span which was going to translate into damages.
I don't know which is better, I only know that I fall asleep when I am simply telling the story classroom style. The hungry people catch the tricks and the gravity of various scenarios even if it's Hollywood style.
I like both. I have the heart of a teacher, I just don't have a lot of time.

Thanks for making these vids man..
I can't think of one I didn't like and I'm sure I watch them all
More then once..:thumbup:

Just finished part 3... You are a funny guy August.
I been saying this for a while,you have got some editing talent bro (amongst many others I'm sure) keep on keepin on,I'm a fan of all of it. Like since the working man vid and made for this,you can see the evolution in there👍

Good point, AH's vids are evolving at a speedy rate.

We are lucky with his obsession.

Back