August Hunicke Videos

Good stuff August. Would love to get my 200t "freshened up". :thumbup::)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mi-MfS8V97g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reg breaks stuff on purpose..lol..like a first gen 201T...dont blame him though, those were garbage!

That's the trouble with old stuff, fix one thing, something else goes.
Looks like it cuts nice though. Look forward to the race.

What broke on it ?

I too, picked up a used 200 recently. Runs strong.

That's the thing with 201 and 540 s ....you get used to how shit they are, comparatively. Until you run a 200 with muffler mod. Having that straight-through cut speed gives you such an advantage for free falling stuff.

My 540 has done over 2 years flat out now. So I'm satisfied with that. Now apparently it's at a stage where it needs updatin via software. Is that progress ? Not for the workers. Good plan by husky and stihl though.

Just that old crusty biscuit, hardened-by-time, rubber handlebar mount.
Saw power is insane tho.

I've seen two others where that mount got broken. One was on my saw. Old, yes. Do a few and you can figure a way to repair it still using the rubber without the bracket or buying a new mount. If you are getting it painted though....

I think you mentioned it but I didn't catch it in the vid. Was something done to that saw besides the modded muffler?

Here's what I assume he did ...
He milled it/upped compression then port timed exhaust and intake to match mill job then advanced timing to match new intake then modified exhaust.

...but I will ask and get back to you guys. It is probably the most badass 200 on the planet. Unless there's one somewhere with an expansion chamber and all that.

I loved my last MS200, but this Husky 338XPT I got that I modded years ago just won't die . Just rips like there's no tomorrow and my old MS200 is a cinder block compared to this little 338:)

I loved my last MS200, but this Husky 338XPT I got that I modded years ago just won't die . Just rips like there's no tomorrow and my old MS200 is a cinder block compared to this little 338:)

I just had no luck with them back in the day....neither the 335 previous. The last 338 I had was only a month old when it had to go back to the store. I never even went back to get it. For guts, the 020av was my fave....heavy compared to todays tophandles, but grunt, wow. Like a mini 090.

Wow, totally agree, Reg. I sold my 335s/338s back to the dealer for 25$ each, they were like 6 months old, happy to be rid of them. The 020s were great and they had a great look to them too.

I have one 020 that is stock and I only use it on my big take downs. I have a pair of 200's that I use for everything else. I don't want to wear out the 020 on just any job. I have a first gen 201 that I haven't used in two years. One of my 200's is getting tired. I might just have to let my saw guy "touch" it. Sorry August, I know it's a sin but I'm getting envious

A bit long in the tooth, but still running my 020 rear handle. I worked on the muffler to open it up and now that some of the screen on the air filter has thinned out it honks on even more. Theoretically i should get a new filter, but it has been that way for a long time and doesn't appear to be hurting. Otherwise I take good care of it, keep the cylinder fins clear of gunk and blow out crap regularly. The saw has served me very well as a lighter duty limbing saw on the ground, etc. The plug loosened up and the thing caught on fire twice, just some battle scars though. :)

I picked up a clients 020 last year, was in perfect nick, he just used it for a bit of firewood. Seemed a little heavier than my 201.
He wouldn't sell it to me unfortunately.
We used to remove the baffle with an Allen key, made a sinful noise afterwards but great pick up and power.

Back