August Hunicke Videos

I had a stiff connection for my binir for a long time, using a hose clamp and small piece of garden hose. Also used a bunch of cord to anchor the binir instead of the hose clamp. They required a fair amount of monkeying to keep them operating well.

These days I use a binir girth hitched to the saw attachment point, and a partially open and modified binir on the saddle that is basically a homemade caritool. It works well but not as well as AH's setup.

Inspired to tinker more, now.

FUN to watch that. Fine edit with the music and scene timing. You definitely have a sense of the rhythm of timing action with the tempo of the music. Good choice of music. Shuriken!!! One of y'all had it or find it on the job?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S_l1jmlBwIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good, fast paced stuff. When top roping those logs, why do you butt tie them? I used to top tie all that stuff but then came to the conclusion that I get less dynamic movement by gut wrapping that stuff, plus it is easier to land flat when gut wrapped.

I gave Damien the option. He wanted them butt tied. He liked the English for getting into the spot he was looking for. Figured it would be less likely to batter the spar. As far as dynamics, spar strength and rigging lines/run plan, were pretty bomb.

aug

saw stow

Bit late but thats how I like to hang my 200t.
Best with the rock exotica Transporter. The Pins on both sides are for hanging without seeing the biner but I don't need them realy. I don't use a strap so the hole is big enough.

KIMG0028.jpg KIMG0027.jpg

They are welded but with an angel grinder. If I build it again I wouldn't add them.

The orginal hook was fixed with one screw and by the shape of the plate. So is the new one the same screw. It can be built back.
Its still the first prototype next one definitely without spikes.

Ya real watery. Tree was cracked lengthwise internally more than once in its life I think.

aug

As far as gear goes, maybe nothing really matters? I will admit that I'm pretty easy to impress, and that I buy equipment as fast as money will allow, but the guys that have really impressed me have been the guys that can safely get a tree down with nothing but a Blake's hitch and know how. I get that some trees just aren't coming down without the proper tools but maybe the most important thing is to always continue to learn? When I moved from having a job to contract climbing the guy whose company I left told me if I wanted to be a good sub that I wouldn't be able to make big boy money unless I was willing and able to do big boy things, most importantly the knowing, and less so the having, insofar as gear goes.

Back