August Hunicke Videos

Yeah, that was sick... specially the "old-school, half-hitch," part. That was done stinkin FAST, man. K, you're better at tree work than me, I'll go ahead and admit it now, plain and full. Oak, too, no less. Don't point (ohh, yu'll just do it anyway, cuz yer such a rebel) at the camera again, K? Let Pfanner man be hisself. Hero of the people and all that sort of thing... btw... he WAS just joking, right??

LOL, yes he was joking and by the way Jed you can be dramatic without actually being dramatic. It's fun, it's like the true anti-dramatic

Jed. Many times I've seen you speak up about things you don't like, much of which I can relate to. But then, a day later you take it all back, overly apologize, and run your self down in some way or another just to cap it off. Why do you do that ? Why not just stick with your first post. Is it a God thing ? I'm not joking. It's like you blurt out what you really feel, and then take it all back. I don't understand.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/riAkBFKRqz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

August, dug that rad vid, dug the attitude, especially coming from a normally very humble guy. That rocked :dude:

Thanks for speaking up about digging the vids.
Truth is, my videos are usually meant to appeal to a broader audience than only tree guys but the tree guys usually like the simpler ones as long as they sort of make them say,
"Yep, been there." ... without nauseating them with Hollywood drama. I spent a lot of time commercial fishing but I cannot stomach watching the show deadliest catch because it's such BS.
Joe consumer doesn't differentiate the drama from the reality as well though. I try to cater to both.
Drew a lot of my original videography inspiration from Ace tree. . . Who tend to be pretty Hollywood but yet contain legitimate content. . . They pass the scrutiny of the veteran tree guys but yet add some Hollywood sizzle. I like that.
I understand the veteran tree men and why they don't need all the sizzle because I am one.
Not trying to give pats on the back by saying my fav video viewing choice right now would be a new plain ole Reg video (content over sizzle) ...just saying that I am not oblivious that my videos can seem over-done to a veteran tree man… Still, I do what I do. . . 😎

I spent a lot of time commercial fishing but I cannot stomach watching the show deadliest catch because it's such BS
Same with the alligator "hunting" shows.
It's quite a relief for me to get off a sketchy top like that and get back into some relatively good wood, I know most of you Paul Bunyans never feel like your heart's riding a little high in your chest but my stuff gets a little tight in spots like that. Very nice work and great vid Aug.

It's quite a relief for me to get off a sketchy top like that and get back into some relatively good wood, I know most of you Paul Bunyans never feel like your heart's riding a little high in your chest but my stuff gets a little tight in spots like that. .

Cmon man, you know every one of us feels that way. I was taking down the spar of a big sugar maple yesterday, it was very straight forward, but still the potential mayhem was strong in my mind- 'if something goes wrong here, I'm dead.' :drink:

Ha, this one wasn't dead, just large and oh so heavy.

But yeah, dead trees are in their own category.

Sometimes it's how you word it. If a guy messes up consecutively, I tell him with the next one that I don't want him to lower it.....rather, just slow it down as it falls to the ground. Next thing you know they've got it near perfect.

Polydyne is also a good investment. Even when they mess it up, it doesn't feel anywhere near as bad because of the stretch.

you are correct. I just have to learn how to word it en espanol ;)

i tried polydyne when i lived in NY, we had far too many rigging situation where we had to lock off the rigging due to target proximity. My hope was that the shock absorbing stretch would be easier on me and the tree. well that stretch was definitely not a good match for NY :O buuuut now may be the perfect time and place to reintroduce it. thanks for the reminder.

Cmon man, you know every one of us feels that way. I was taking down the spar of a big sugar maple yesterday, it was very straight forward, but still the potential mayhem was strong in my mind- 'if something goes wrong here, I'm dead.' :drink:

Well then... thank you so very much for giving us absolutely NO pics, you Hold-out. :X

Reg: More like a beer thing. I always drink two pints when I get home and somehow turn all Viking. I wake-up and go, "Jed, you Jackass... who the heck are you to tell people how to run their show... you can't even figure-out yer own!"

August: That was a seriously cool and intelligent post, man. (See: 2 beers in and still tolerably nice.)

Law: Thanks for the capers... I'm a little slow. :|:

But you're not exactly saying bad stuff, or attacking anyone. You're just giving an opinion. That's the general concensus of a discussion I thought, people giving their own opinions. Without that nobody learns anything. 2 pints is a great time to get chatty. Say what you feel Jed.

you are correct. I just have to learn how to word it en espanol ;)

i tried polydyne when i lived in NY, we had far too many rigging situation where we had to lock off the rigging due to target proximity. My hope was that the shock absorbing stretch would be easier on me and the tree. well that stretch was definitely not a good match for NY :O buuuut now may be the perfect time and place to reintroduce it. thanks for the reminder.

Yeah I had a similar deal in Manchester....not enough room for the polydyne in a lot of situations. But out here we have a lot more scope because of the extra height on average. That and the bendy nature of some of the tall, fast growing conifers out here....its a good combo.

Oh, and fine work on those tops August. That's a crappy predicament to be in. And, never discard the option of hauling up a pole saw to reach up and pick those tops apart. Would have taken all of 5 mins to reduce that weight by half. Be safe, mate.

Back