Technora.

flushcut

TreeHouser
Anybody splice a loopie out of this stuff? Just wondering because I was thinking of making some out of amsteel but the low melting point leaves me wanting more and saw the specs on technora, so here we are.

It'll work fine. You'll get better grabbing power out of a whoopie than you will a loopie/ regardless of rope fiber choice.

You should double the bury length.

Why technora and not polyester?

love
nick

I wouldn't. Technora is very self abrasive, not comfortable with that at the choke point. Amsteel gets used commonly in High lead and Skyline setups out here now and there is a lot more heat potential in that setting. Why the need for so much strength? The tree is only so strong. Polyester is hard to beat for a rigging sling. As fo a Whoopie grabbing more, what does that apply to?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, I am bored as hell right now and thinking about a job coming up this spring or after the thaw as it may be. There are four oaks two tall, maybe 20" dbh and about 70', and two meaty 36"-48" equally as tall for removal, and I am debating taking the two smaller ones in one shot nice and slow.

Yep. Like I said I am bored as hell and just running over possibilities more like dreaming. I think it is possible but it would take A LOT of rigging and big rigging.

BIG , double whip certainly, guy lines, the whole nine yards. More than likely it will all get pieced down, but it would but really nice to lay them down whole. If it happens there will be pics.

...As for a Whoopie grabbing more, what does that apply to?

If you set up a whoopie and a loopie side by side in tension, you can adjust the loopie while a slight nudge. You can't do that with a whoopie. Once it's under slight tension, it's SET.

IMO Whoopie > Loopie

love
nick

Back