The Logging Thread

The logs arent to bad, but must of the tree fork into multi stems at about 10m. Given that they are 43m tall, that leaves a lot of topwood.

Good job. That isn't a mess at all. Once you get done it will heal quickly, no one will even know that you were three 12 months from now hey?. Just bought a 535 Cat skidder, used of course, for skidding larger bundles, 123" grapples, with extensions. Will post a photo. The old 518 wasn't keeping up with the Log Max processor. Are you processing Thor, or chainsawing it? Probably too multi stemmy for a processor.

Chainsaw work. To big for a harvester. Im just doing a deal right now for a 200hp Franklin treefarmer grapple skidder. I'll probably use a forwarder for all the firewood material though.

Cool. The Treefarmers are popular in the Eastern U.S. They seem to have a very good reputation. Post a pic. if you get it. Does it have a Cummins?

Great pic!

Do u get paid for those BF or is it a wash so they haul it away for free??

Thanks guys.

Cory, yes, with having multiple trees, and nice logs, we will see a healthy return after trucking/skidding costs.:thumbup:

Sick bix. Your vids make me wanna go to work, but its never that fun when i start. Just not pumped about it anymore.

Your tunes are nasty, where do you find them?

Cory, yes, with having multiple trees, and nice logs, we will see a healthy return after trucking/skidding costs.:thumbup:

:)

Sick bix. Your vids make me wanna go to work, but its never that fun when i start. Just not pumped about it anymore.

Oh come on, you're probably just burned out on Sunday nite. Although I know the feeling, lol. Watching good tree vids at night gets me foaming at the mouth to go back to work. Next morning?? Nah, not so much:lol:

Your tunes are nasty, where do you find them?

Ashlee downloads the tunes free from SoulSeek. She is always listening to music off Pandora too, adding songs to 'tree work vid' folder as needed... so I just go through that mainly, thanks Brendon.

Whats the reason for full removals on those trees? Log value? Hazards?

The trees were all infected with Western Gall Rust, its a fungus, sort of canker-like growth that can eventually kill the tree. Also, they were pretty large and close to the house, and they have future building/construction plans ect.

Pine sure makes nice round, even tapered, logs.

Sure does Jer.

The 33' butt logs came in at 13,000 and 14,000 lbs, with an additional 10,000lb log ontop of those two (making a 3 log load), the self-loader came in 2,000lb under his limit at the scale.

Watching him load the truck is always interesting. It's a gratifying feeling to see logs on the truck. Thanks.

Yeah, that was sick. I bet the mechanics are the most important guys on the crew!

I was wondering why the FB didn't just stack the trees as necessary for the skidders to grab, but instead they had a shovel grabbing the bunched trees and playing with them to make it good for the skitters. Maybe I'm missing something.

Back