Today I Learned...

I learned that hookers must have the worst job in the whole world. They make it sound like they are always being screwed and they can?t just throw a fit in private they have to get on the radio and whine so everyone gets to hear about it. By the way, these are logging hookers. :P

I learned that hookers must have the worst job in the whole world. They make it sound like they are always being screwed and they can?t just throw a fit in private they have to get on the radio and whine so everyone gets to hear about it. By the way, these are logging hookers. :P

Not all hook tenders are created equal. That's for certain. I fooking hated whiners in the bush. On the radio? What a buncha nancies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Try the toast!!!

9715gCK.gif

Its been frosty here in the mornings. For ever i have always scraped the ice off woth one of those plastic things or ran the garden hose.
Get an old bedsheet and lay it over the cab. In the morning peel it off. No ice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know if I've mentioned this but...

Place your car keys by whatever you're trying to remember to take with you.

I always leave my keys in a pocket of my saw pants. Until now I have never forgot the one or the other. Does that count ?:D
I know that if I try something else, I'm able to take the keys and leave the wanted thing placed under them.

Acknowledged that old-fashioned open fireplaces are the least efficient way to produce heat...

...But in preliminary experiments it appears that a fireplace *grate* (like a metal basket or grate raised off the fireplace floor) causes the burning logs to put out more heat into the room than fireplace *dogs* (a pair of metal stands you set the logs on).

Since we have just started using a grate, I will hopefully be able to help confirm or debunk this theory in a few days.

my theory is that the grate allows more air under the fire so it burns better... vs. the whole fire winding up on the fireplace floor with no air under it... duh! right?

Let me know plz, I saw that and I was almost thinking of making one. Too bad I can't just build an insert, it has to be ul listed, even though I can work on much larger and more dangerous equipment at work

Better air flow for better burning, and probably better radiant heating off the floor of the fireplace and rear wall.

Seems a toss up: more efficient burning= consuming more wood.
Personally i dont care as long as i can stuff the thing once and have it last all night

More efficient burning= consuming more wood= more heat output.

So what is the problem?

That was my point!
WTF does it matter if you use more wood.

That was my point!
WTF does it matter if you use more wood.
Lol, what does it matter???!!!
Let me tell you why it tottally matters.
You see, i am a lazy bum and when i stuff the stove i would almost rather go cold then have to trek back out to the wood shed (almost 100' away!) and get more wood. I have gotten pretty good at getting my wife to do it, but thats hit and miss and often backfires into me having to do some other chore
:)

Back