American guy trying out "Surströmming".

Magnus, Here's how to embed videos;

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DmaedvVBkV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You need to click it either way....
If there is a preview who would look?

Another thing that I can't help to notice is that of this that is posted you react that it is not embedded....

Whats that?

Have you really tried surströmming or you make a preference based on appearance??

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that the first guy couldn't even finish opening the can or the second guy throwing the fish away like a little girl lol
You must be brought up as a child eating that or it is definitely an acquired taste!

If it smells that bad, why would you want to eat it?
Then the video of the family all sitting around chomping it down like it's Sunday brunch? ALMOST makes me want to get a can and see how bad it really does smell, almost!

Fermented Herring is just another mistake made good by Starving Swedes.Some time ago,they likely blundered the Pickling of thousands of tons of Herrings.Then most likely a famine struck,with nothing else to eat but each other they ate the revolting Fish.

Now and forever after they proclaim its deliciousness as a way of making up for their in ability to master the process of Canning.

Did you notice the flies in the last vid? When flies show up in those numbers that fast, well, something's a little stinky. I think I'll pass.

Fermented Herring is just another mistake made good by Starving Swedes.Some time ago,they likely blundered the Pickling of thousands of tons of Herrings.Then most likely a famine struck,with nothing else to eat but each other they ate the revolting Fish.

Now and forever after they proclaim its deliciousness as a way of making up for their in ability to master the process of Canning.

:lol:

It is a very old tradition. One of the reasons Jesus didn't dine here i guess...

Don't be fooled, it is pretty tasty if done correct, but it does stink.

It is a very old tradition. One of the reasons Jesus didn't dine here i guess...

Don't be fooled, it is pretty tasty if done correct, but it does stink.

So does durian and that is pretty tasty, too.

Back