Homemade haas style ascender

Welcome Johannes.

This is what I run (except I cut the handle off a handled Petzl ascender and added an attachment hole, as I had extra).

Great group, here.

Feel comfortable posting, Johannes.

Did you bother to include the plastic tubing inside? You put some kind of clip on the upper hole of the ascender?

Looking at the Haas you can see how much of the cost is in the labor for all the spicing and many components. A sewed version with webbing may make for a substantial saving in build costs...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No there is no plastic tubing inside, the Bunge runs straight through the tubular webbing. But it could be added quite easily to reduce wear. The clip is just an old chainlink which keeps the ascender orientated right.

As i live in germany i ve never had the chance to play with an actual haas, i just looked at the video and thought the ideawas very nice.

As i live in germany i ve never had the chance to play with an actual haas, i just looked at the video and thought the ideawas very nice.
Welcome Jo, you're a man after my own heart, great job! I always say, why buy it if you can build it. What are you stitching the webbing with, sewing awl, machine?

Nice job on that one, very clean looking. I like the tiny little prusik for the upper attachment point. :)

image.jpg
I think I got the long/tall Haas model, and even with the bungee shortened a lot, it wasn't providing a decent step.
This mod (On Rope) made my Haas more gooder!

Mine isn't nearly cool as you guys. But it makes up for that in being super small and light.

footloop.jpg

Version two. I found out that the old pantin did not grab very well when mounted at the knee. So i just made this one with a petzl basic. Havnt had time to try it but it works really well in the living room.

Back