Avon CT

• Thread starter Levi
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2K
L

Levi

I am thinking about heading out to this area of CT if I can find a cool job. Are any of you folks in or around that area?:? Or have you ever worked there? I am trying to do some investigating before diving in. Thanks

Maybe Cory or Brendon would have some insight. Half of Treebuzz seems to be from CT as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My wife is from there and her family is all there still, might go for a visit if I can line up a job climbing the Pinchot Sycamore!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And yes Boulder County is over-run with Californians, but they did bring a lot of money!

Lived there for 10 years off Sawmill Lane in south Avon. It's a great small town with an easy commute to Hartford. Excellent schools if children are a factor. The main drag to the north shared with Simsbury has grocery/restaurants/shopping. Great place to live with 4 real seasons. Not a lot of snow in the winter but decent skiing an hour away, New York and Boston less than 2.

We are heading back to Avon,IL after this summer's work. To be closer to family and as a more centralized base for motorhome trips when we get too close to family. Am looking at coming back to Minot to work in summer of 2015 also.

Back