tachyon splice

mtt.tr

TreeHouser
My first double braid splice. Enjoyed doing it though would of been easier on New rope. What do you think

DSC_0102.jpg

Looks ok, have you lock stitched it?

Might just be the way the rope is lying but the taper looks slightly lumpy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's how it was laying. yup lock stitched it today went for red. Keep it simple for the groundies red means climbing white means rigging saves sending me wrong gear

Photo on 8-17-15 at 8.15 PM #2.jpg

couldn't quite finish this tachyon splice...tried really hard. maybe 2 hours trying to get it right to no avail. little frustrated.

Might have gone wrong in the actual splice, or tried to make the eye too small maybe? I set up some 3 to 1 mechanical advantage, used a rubber mallet and all that jazz.

I also had some trouble with the second inner core strands...the splicing directions seemed confusing in that regard. Thanks for your help and advise fellow much more experienced splicers!

RajElectric is correct, I've spliced over 40 eyes in Tachyon and over a dozen eyes in Cherry Bomb, as well. The AllGear instructions are the most accurate and easiest IMO, to follow. I've only had 2 splices fail and they were due to exhausted human error. I've even left the 3 strands intact throughout the eye and whip stitched them as a whole. So they are doubled at the whipping.

Dave6390 in WI

Back