Tree Houser selfie thread

Again, not a selfie, but you get the idea...

Edit: That was weird, the splice pics weren't supposed to tag along with my mug...

selfie.jpg

Attachments

• long splice.jpg
    long splice.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 159
  • splice in hand.jpg
    splice in hand.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 158
Have learned how to sew and tie a bow tie this winter. A knot I found a bit challenging at first.
(Wife is a seamstress if you're wondering about the dressform, lol)

image.jpg

Sewing is a cool activity, tailors and seamstresses. Some of my relatives were children in the sweatshops in the garment industry, boys and girls. They could sew very well all their lives. As a kid I would watch my grandmother, and though she spent much of her life still escaping the persecution that she experienced in Europe, as a child, when she sewed she was at peace. I have always respected the ability to sew well, and a very purposeful skill.

I enjoy sewing when I can make the time. My friends and I used to do a hay ride at Christmas with an antique John Deere tractor and a heavily modified hay wagon. I made all of us insulated silk top hats. It was easier to tell who was who when we had up to 80 people on board and the cheer was flowing.:drink:

Stoopid Trac Fone wont let me send pictures. Might be a good thing though, as i currently have a little cow poo speckle.

Yeah, T shirts are available all the time! I would think that they would make a reasonable addition to any selfie.

Back