Invoice2go and other programs

Husabud

TreeHouser
I have been running Invoice2go for a couple yrs now and didn't realize that it is a major PITA to convert to Quick Books. Does anybody that uses this have an easier way? I am all for streamlined and until now my wife has been handling this mess. This isn't really my game.

Lol. My wife does the books. But I still just use a pad and handwrite invoices for on the job. Or else it's mailed/e-mailed from simply.

Been using Quicksale for all our invoices. I can design a custom sheet with it with a background and everything. Even has a way to customer can sign the estimate if needed. Can't really transfer them to quick books but it usually takes me less then two minutes to retype and enter the invoice in quick books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya, i hate the books. Necessary evil!

Not necessarily. We do our invoicing in Jobber and all the rest of the accounting is done through Wave Accounting. Wave is a free online accounting software. It works ok, not great...but I never thought Quickbooks was all that great...they are both mediocre, but one is free.

Wave does our payroll, too (that part is not free)

Jobber has an add-on that syncs it with Quickbooks. I'm not sure how it works or how well it works. I get the accounting info from importing my bank statements. All the estimating and invoicing for clients is done in Jobber.

Husabud,

I don't use or know Invoice2go. Best bet would be to look for an 'Export' option in your software. It is often somewhere in the 'File' menu. Many programs like these will export to Excel format. Then look for an 'Import' option in Quick Books (actually, you may want to start here and see which 'import' options are available so you know what 'export' options you want to look for).

Nick,
A word of caution that 'Free' isn't always free. if a new and incompatible version of Windows comes out, or whoever wrote your freeware software stops supporting it, you will be screwed. Or you will be stuck running this on an old computer forever. Quick Books might seem expensive compared to free, but at least you know it will be supported. just something to think about so you won't get 'stuck' at some point in the future.

Michael

Michael- in this case free DOES mean free. The program is web-based so I just need a web browser open and I'm good to go. I can open it on mac, windows, iPhone, anywhere there's a browser.

Hey guys, awesome to hear your using Jobber Nick and thanks for the shoutout.

Jobber does have integration with QuickBooks and works best with QuickBooks Online.

Not here to try and pitch you guys, but here if you guys have any questions. I would be happy to answer them.

-Landen from Jobber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Landen, welcome to The Treehouse! Obviously this is not necessarily a site dedicated to what you do, but stick around, you might learn something.
What can you tell me about Jobber? I have not yet looked into it, but will. As you may have read above, I use invoice to go and it has really streamlined my business, until tax season comes around. It is essentially useless at that point. I contacted them to see if there was a way to upload my files and was told No. After I said that that was unacceptable considering I had just dropped nearly $300 into their company, they offered a refund and said good luck. Nothing like trying to keep a customer happy, huh? What can you do for me?

Thanks for the welcome MasterBlaster and Husabud.

Well, Jobber can do a lot of things. For actual features, I would recommend doing a quick 1on1 call with one of our support guys. They can show you specifically how it could help you instead of you just reading a list of features on your own. If you have any specific questions I can help.

For when you do accounting, we do sync with QuickBooks to push your invoices and clients.

For the basic details about Jobber, its 39$ a month, no contract. QuickBooks add-on is an extra 9$ a month. We have a 30 day free trial where you can use all the add-ons and try everything out.
Support by either email, phone or live chat is always free.

Anything else you would like to know just ask.

Is there an ipad application for Jobber that allows you to create proposals while meeting on site with a client? Customization even?

I really feel like there is a lot of money to be made if a company could streamline accounting, customer database, and proposal/ invoices for our industry. Arborgold is the closest but they are still a ways away.

Yes. We hear a lot of stories of our users creating a proposal and sending it to their client while they are still standing there with them. They get a buzz in their pocket with the email and are really impressed to see you being soo organized and quick.

We do have a mobile version of the site that work best on tablets and smartphones. We have a full time developer working on improving it everyday as well as native apps for iOS and Android in the future.

It is quite a land grab right now. New software companies are popping up everyday making the same promises as the last one, hope to become the best one. I suggest people make their decisions based on the customer support that they get, since it is easy to claim your software is free but never be able to help your customers.

-Landen from Jobber

Thanks for taking the time to answer so quickly, Jobber sounds promising and on the right track. I agree that customer support is critical.

I do want to point out that the mobile version of Jobber is tedious/annoying to use. I never use it. And, they've been saying "the app will be here in a few months" for a year now. To me, a few months means 3-4 months.

I think that's my biggest gripe about Jobber. It seems obvious to me that the people that want jobber would want it so that they could be mobile. Yet it isn't optimized for the mobile life.

I love jobber. There's nothing better, but it has huge room for improvement before I could say I'm a raving can.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it's not iPad-mobile than I won't waste my time or my $40/ month. For the trouble, at least Invoice to go is free until you decide to upgrade.

I don't use quick books, I send everything out to a bookkeeper so that part of I2G doesn't matter to me. I will say the support at I2G is next to useless. The fact that you can talk to someone at Jobber is a huge benefit. We have to email a question and get an automated reply saying we will be contacted. That's worse than have to press 1 for this and 2 for that

Yep- it's cool that jobber registered and is part of this conversation. In fact- often during the day I can just do the online chat and will often get the answer instantly.

A few times they've called me and put me in a conference call with a few of their programmers to help fix glitches in the system.

That's good customer service! Now they need to make an iOS app.

love
nick

We are growing and always making changes. For support, we just hired a new full time person to help with the live chat and support emails, so for the last few weeks there is a good chance you talked to Justine if you were on chat. We also do weekly google hangouts with whoever wants to join, and webinars to do training each week.

As for mobile, we do still have a lot of people using it on an iPad/iPhone out in the field, and there is not much that you cant do on the tablet version. And since it is a web app, you can switch to the desktop view on your iPad so it is the exact same as it would be on a desktop. But you are absolutely right, it is not streamlined for the mobile experience.

Jobber is currently more suited for having someone like an office manager use it, to send out their crews into the field. As we build the mobile out it will be more suited for the solo owner/operator.

In the beginning of February we hired Sean, our new full time developer, and starting in March he is solely working on mobile and native apps. We are just as anxious as anyone to have an iOS and Android app.

-Landen from Jobber

... there is not much that you cant do on the tablet version.

...Jobber is currently more suited for having someone like an office manager use it, to send out their crews into the field.

When creating a quote, you have to scroll through the whole list of items to select the one you want. It can be tedious to find. In the tablet interface you can start spelling the item name and it pops right up. This feature alone makes the entire mobile interface worthless for me. It wastes my time scrolling and searching.

It seems by simply making a good mobile interface or apps (preferably apps!!) you can instantly make jobber more awesome for more people.

I can't wait to see what you come up with.

love
nick

That is one of the first things that Sean is going to work on actually, we know that is a big problem, especially if they have a lot of products and services.

There are a few things like that he is going to work on before the native apps, to improve the mobile interface.

We are hoping to start testing the native apps internally here pretty soon.

This is weird. I updated my iPad and lost my database program, Bento, which I loved. I've been searching for something to export my customer database into. My wife found jobber online and now it's being discussed here. Bento was so easy to use and change around, it will be missed. I am hopeful Jobber, plus a mobile printer will streamline my business. If it works, $39 a month is not expensive. Arborgold seems stupid expensive and I'd like to give my money to someone else. I think it's all their damned ads on my Facebook page or their color scheme that makes me hate them.

I have original ipad. I am interested in Jobber as well. I may upgrade to a newer version of ipad since this thing crashes a good bit and has a ton of photos, music, etc. I noticed recently how much time I spend on creating bids, appointments, sending e-mails, pictures, etc.., So if Jobber can make their system function better and keep it monthly I am likely to go for it.

Back