Invoice2go and other programs

Mentioned the batch printing work orders to a few people, we will see what happens. Product roadmap is pretty packed already for the next 6 months.

You could also use the Map View in the calendar section, there you can drag and drop jobs and put them in order. If the jobs are set to anytime today instead of a set time they will show up there. Then you can order them as you want and just check them off as you go.

App is still being worked on. Trying to make the Calendar be very powerful so you don't need to sync with another Calendar. I saw a screenshot of it last week and its looking good but they wouldn't let me share it here just yet :(

It is also being worked to be mobile first. That means that you can choose to only use the app from the very beginning. From signup, getting you setting setup and so on.

-Landen

I've thought of a couple more things:

The ability to "check off" parts of jobs so it takes that line item's price off the work to do's balance. In saying that, I realize it could complicate it, like where would that amount go? Perhaps a new column. The idea is if you have a $14k job on the books, and everything is done but a $300 line item, you only have $300 of work to do, not $14k.

When an email fails on a quote or invoice, automatically make that a task that shows up on the dashboard. Nothing like finding out that quote you sent near two weeks ago wasn't received and they went with someone else.

The ability to pull up a list of jobs that used a particular service or product. As things evolve I may change the name of a service or integrate it with something else. For the purposes of tracking income by service, the ability to pull up the jobs using them for editing would be handy.

Still liking Jobber a great deal. It makes things way more organized and looking up how much you did of whatever product is easy.

Always love to here that it helps you be more organized!

Also sorry for the late reply. I had written something up and thought it sent I must have messed something up and closed the tab or something.

Normally we don't have people doing jobs that are that big and require checking parts of a job off as you go, but that is an interesting idea.

The email failing notification is a good idea. I wonder what we could do with that to make it less likely for a followup to fall through the cracks.

The reporting I think is being worked on a bit more right now. Not sure if it is exactly that, but I see how that would be useful.

We are going to be doing a lot of work on getting more customer feedback and collecting it in a way so that we can act on it better. Then we want to prioritize certain workflows and improve them.

We are going to start doing a lot more surveys and phone interviews, so if you are interested in being apart of the future changes I would love to talk to you or anyone else. I also want to start crediting those who help us out in the change-log and new release blog posts.

You can email me directly at landenc@gmail.com or call me at 1 888 721 1115 Ext 114. My direct line is in my signature as well.

Jobber- I'm totally with lumberjack on this one. You DO have people doing larger jobs that require checking off. I would LOVE that feature. It's common for us to do a job with ten line items. If our crew could check off as they go, it would make verifying job completion WAY easier.

Don't sound so surprised, Nick! :lol:

What's the proper work flow for writing up a time and materials estimate, getting the job, then updating the job daily with the work produced? I don't want to lose the original quote/job, but I need to keep track of what's what. Starting a new job/quote works, but that's messy.

I am pushing for that and have mentioned it to Forrest. There are a number of things that I want to see to expand the scheduling options for job creation.

We kinda have the groundwork there for it, I think it mainly needs per visit line items before for it to work properly.

Lumberjack for that workflow I think that is also where per visit lines items would come in. I think you might also be able to use the archived quote to go off of so you don't lose the original.

-Landen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Invoice to go sucks! I tried to get on board with jobber, but didn't have the time to get it moving and lost all I put into it. I'm fed up with this shit now.

Husabud what do you mean you didn't have time to get it moving? I think I had mine set up in an hour. And it just keeps getting better and better with time.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Willie, if I2G had any support at all and worked with other programs it would be the only thing I'd use.

Nick, it will happen, just not today.

Another issue I'm running into is when you resend an invoice, it removes the first read date from the invoice. That could be an issue if things end up in small claims court. At the least it weakens my "evidence."

Case in point, we did a job mid July, he was supposed to pay at least $600 in early August, the balance in full by mid September. He sent nothing in August and I resent the invoice on 9/11. On 9/11 he sent $500 and an excuse, saying he would pay $500/month until it was paid off ($1545 is past due).

Another issue I'm running into is when you resend an invoice, it removes the first read date from the invoice. That could be an issue if things end up in small claims court. At the least it weakens my "evidence."

I asked around about this. Are you talking about the email communication report under the Management tab? https://secure.getjobber.com/reports/email_communications

When you re-send an invoice, it will make a separate entry for each time you send it. So in the report there will be the invoice that you sent in July/August. You will be able to find it and show that he opened it. Might have to export it into Excel to find the right one.

Also we have logs of email sent and opened times in our own secure database so if you ever need something for legal reasons to prove that they got the invoice just ask and we will help.

-Landen

Back