2014 Treehouse Tee Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black panthers are actually leopards with spots...the spots are almost the color of their background fur color...subtle. capisce?

Attachments

• blackpanther for dvd 205.jpg
    blackpanther for dvd 205.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 44
I'm not convinced black panthers have spots.

wikipedia:

Melanism in the jaguar (Panthera onca) is conferred by a dominant allele, and in the leopard (Panthera pardus) by a recessive allele. Close examination of the color of these black cats will show that the typical markings are still present, but are hidden by the excess black pigment melanin, giving an effect similar to that of printed silk. This is called "ghost striping". Melanistic and non-melanistic animals can be littermates. It is thought that melanism may confer a selective advantage under certain conditions since it is more common in regions of dense forest, where light levels are lower. Recent, preliminary studies also suggest that melanism might be linked to beneficial mutations in the immune system.[1]

Thanks Gary!
Theoretically then it might be possible to see the black logo on a black Treehouse t shirt. With close examination.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sweet. I assume you mean the $20 shirts. I'll announce when to send payment... we're getting close! 21 so far!

3 to go!

Sweet. All ya'll, gimme all the info so I can get it right.

Make sure you state your username and order on the paypal notes before you hit 'submit.'

We've reached the 25 minimum! It's ON!

Ya'll can start the paypay payments as of NOW!

:rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back