Does Anyone Need Any Gear?

If memory serves me correctly the HH sides and dog bone are a tool steel and the spine is a good grade of aluminum. The HH and RW thread covers the specifics, I think. Any way the unit is rated for 40Kn, so that is plenty strong. No one said you can't have both climbing systems..... well... may be the better half...... IMHO the HH really shines for working the tree and gettin' the job done safely and efficiently with a single stationary line. Consistent friction, endless redirects, and the ease of distribution of climber's weight helps the job get done. My favorite problem solver is if I'm unable to isolate a specific branch, fudge it, launch it over a suitable one or ones, base tie and get to work, could always canopy anchor it once you get up there.

Real time saver for me.

Stevo,

I'm climbing on a hybrid system composed of an srt line fitted with a DMM Pinto Rig Pulley. My drt line runs through the Pinto Rig pulley. (This pulley is clearly marked for CLIMBING USE ONLY).

This hybrid system addresses and cures two problems in one simple package. The first issue was safety and rescue. I wanted a system that my helpers could use to get me down out of a tree in an emergency, with little or no training. The Srt line and base tie addresses this issue. The second problem was with isolating my climbing line and removing the unwanted branches from between the two lines of the drt system. Hoisting the drt system into the tree with the srt line was an instant cure to the isolation problem.

I still climb on the drt system using a the DMM hitch climber pulley and a prusik, but I'm now using a DMM Pinto Rig pulley as my top anchor point. Super smooth. Extremely fast to set up. No more isolating the two drt climbing lines. No more worries about emergency rescue.

Should I ever need to be rescued from the tree, my ground workers can now undo the carabiner securing the Timber Hitch at the base of the tree and then use the friction of the two wraps of the srt climbing line around the tree to safely lower me to the ground.

Hope this helps.

Joel

This is a good way if you want to work DdRT. Just remember, you have three strands of rope to track.

Isolating a crotch sucks, unless its an easy one. Conifers, nah.

When you guys order from Tree stuff do you phone orders in or use the web page? Just wondered if discount worked for phone orders. I've never ordered from Tree stuff before mainly because wesspur is close to my location and I can phone in orders (which I prefer) but the 10% off might be a game changer.

When you guys order from Tree stuff do you phone orders in or use the web page? Just wondered if discount worked for phone orders. I've never ordered from Tree stuff before mainly because wesspur is close to my location and I can phone in orders (which I prefer) but the 10% off might be a game changer.

looks like its 7% not 10%

I use the website. It's up 24/7, I know exactly how much my bill is going to be before I confirm the order, and I'm able to take a screenshot of my final order and save it to my "TreeStuff Order Receipts" file folder for future reference. I haven't been climbing that long yet, but saving these order receipts may help me down the road in determining when a piece of gear should be retired.

Tim

I'm 99% sure you got to use the website.
But you can call them to make sure your oder is what it was supposed to be if your not clear out using the computer..
There always willing to help!!
How do you think I know. Supit computer:?

I did my research , for me the Klein with pole Gaffs with big buck pads/straps. Now keep in mind I am new at this. However consideration to the Velcro got me to think about what happen to all those Velcro items I have own true the years. Mostly the Velcro deteriorated . So replacing a damage strap was more influential.

Last edited:
I have been buying hear and there, looking for best value with shipping , most times I have buy at tree stuff. Well I wrote few email to all those companies asking to get help getting a item , well Luke respond, and did offer to help, he even give me a discount . I was impress that he got involve .

Back